SYDNEY: Vivid one day...beautiful the next...the Vivid Festival


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 13th 2013
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

SYDNEY: Vivid one day...beautiful the next...the Vivid Festival. I saw the Sydney Opera House get built...walked around it heaps of times...photographed tourists against it so they could all be in the photo...even seen the odd recital there. Love the cream white tiles on it...like scales of a fish or exotic reptile. Love the sails that always evoke feelings how this building was so radical for ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 123, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




13th June 2013

Sydney Harbour spectacular....you bet! So many people but everyone sharing the love...ahhh! The better driver? humph!
13th June 2013

gender complementarity
Denise drives, Dave charges. Next year you'll be walking your tripod into the City. By the way, there are anti-dumping laws in most countries...I've never seen so many pictures of the same thing!
13th June 2013

I've never seen so many pictures of the same thing
Nor have I...about half the pictures I got...Denise's mainly different. Gives a good idea how amazing the light show on the Opera House was...a handful of shots does not do it justice. It was amazing & spectacular. Some nights it was so crowded that there were safety concerns.
13th June 2013

love the shots of the opeara house on different light patterns. you can make a mosaic out of these ;)
13th June 2013

THANKS TYNNIE
Glad you liked it. I make no apologises for the number of shots of the Opera House. They are all amazing. Oh if I could make a mozaic...oh to be technical enough to do so.
13th June 2013

Colouring the city with creativity & inspiration
Wow! Sorry we missed this amazing display. The opera house remains a standout among man's architectural wonders. It can dazzle and indeed it looks like it did. Whoops, no batteries, bummer. Yep, better have them ready next year! Fantastic photos! Amazing!
13th June 2013

Colouring the city with creativity & inspiration
Thanks for commenting MJ. The Opera House always inspires me...but to see her showcased as in my pics...the thrill will stay with me for a long time.
13th June 2013

Panorama party
I just watched your panoramas several times through before i could even read the blog--what incredible fun! And live music and a Documentary Photographic Festival (my fave)! My, what a fine city you have--thanks for sharing the colors!
13th June 2013

Panorama party
Thanks for commenting Tara. As one who lives among panoramic beauty every day in the paradises you call home...a taste of Sydney by comparison. Now we have Sydney Film Festival with 100s of films from around the World on show...so the culture continues in this corner of the globe. Gotta say it's nice to live in such an innovative city.
14th June 2013

Wow!!!
The pictures speak for themselves. A major deviation from portraits, but enjoyable. Now to rate them...all 5 stars???
14th June 2013

Wow!!
Thanks for commenting Bob. Having visited the Sydney Opera House with us you know how splendid it is. Now you see it in many new lights. My pleasure to share it.
28th August 2013

Thank You
Amazing and just VIVID! Thanks for sharing!
28th August 2013

Thank You Joanne & Wes
Appreciate you spent the time to comment...amazing & just vivid...amazing I didn't know how good it was until I went...no excuses next year!

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 26; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb