Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 19th 2013
Published: January 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sydney
Harry and Lea are early risers so it was off for a swim at 7 to their local pool in the sea! It's a pool that fills with sea water and is totally free to use. Steve Harry and Lea all plunged in and I took my time and chatted to a local who had taken up swimming after having heart problems. The scenery was beautiful but I had to go for a swim and it was cold at first then I was so glad I went in. Off to coffee after in Dee Why These Aussies know how to get their coffee right added to a few slices of toast well we deserved it. Returning home we showered and went to Sydney harbour bridge to walk across it and up. Senior citizens get a discount and there is a wealth of information on its design and construction. The view from the top was worth the climb, the views were spectacular.After some business in Sydney, Harry and Lea took the train back to their car and we took the ferry to Manley, just $7 each. We then walked from Manley along the beach to Freshwater just stopping for ice cream and groceries.After yet another shower and drinks we took our selves off to the local Thai restaurant where we ate a delicious meal for about $15 a head the highlight of which was the red Thai Salmon delicious.Next morning we went off to another rock pool where we found just one lady swimming. She was from Hull and had some friendly banter with Steve and the guys. She now lives on Sydney, and looking at the views it's not surprising she should choose this place called Curl Curl over Hull!the water was a little warmer than yesterday and I could have stayed in all day. We then walked all the way to the coffee shop along the side of the rocks. The views from here were good especially of some of the houses in the rocks, one of which had a rock jutting out over its swimming pool. It was quite a walk and warm and I was hungry so Harry got some stick from me but once I had that iced coffee and muesli yoghurt and fruit I was fine. Steve opted for the peanut butter toast whilst H&L had croissant with ham and cheese. This cafe Bacino is certainly the place to be. Returning home we showered, Lea and I went to some shops and then had a bite to eat before we all went back to the beach at Curl Curl. The waves were coming in and it was such fun, I just wish the grandchildren were there as they would have loved the waves. Lots of children were learning to surf and some were really tiny. The water was really warm but we had to leave. Steve and Harry then went for a bike ride it was about 25 and a warm day they do love their cycling!We all sat down to a steak supper and made plans for visiting Edinburgh festival at some time in the future. A very happy evening!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb