Day 33 - Shabbat (12 January)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 12th 2013
Published: January 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Twelve hours later we awoke. It is strange how one's body knows that it is a day of rest even when you are on holiday! As there was lots of space in the fridge in our room we had moved all of our food into our room. So after our Shabbat morning service in our makeshift synagogue we had lunch and then decided to go for a walk to the Rocks.

This is the Bohemian part of town with neat cafés, arty shops and the Museum of Contemporary Australian Art, which was free. To understand the kind of stuff that they were showing there was an exhibition on Anish Kapoor which I am afraid to say I don't get. Don and I walked around the ground floor and decided that we couldn't cope with any more. We walked around the quay and sat and watched the boats and saw the Holland American ship The Oosterdam but this time we weren't getting on.

Walking round the city on a hot day when there is no eruv and so we didn't have water with us was not a good idea so we came back to the hotel and did what we always do on Shabbat - have a two hour nap.

The evening was spent reading and after Shabbat I had tea and toast in the lobby.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb