Sydney based for Christmas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 4th 2013
Published: January 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Petersham, an old suburb of Sydney is where our daughter Tessa lives so we just parked the RV opposite her house on the street. There are no big signs warning us that camping is prohibited and it would seem that the neighbours were not too concerned and even asked if we had slept well!

We arrived last night to our new abode, in the suburb of Melrose Park, for the next two weeks where we are house sitting and taking care of Millie and Whizzie the cats! It was also, fortunately for us, the night of the local resident’s annual Christmas get together so much wine and food was enjoyed by all. When the mozzies forced us inside we continued with good whisky and good music and for the first time in several months we actually went to bed after midnight!

Today was Christmas shopping at the local mall with Pete and Tessa, followed by grocery shopping with several hundred others! What with the weather in the late 20’s today it is not surprising that we were very glad when we finally got back to the house. I have to admit that I do like Christmas Day, especially with my kids all at home but this year it is not to be but at least we have one with us.

The last two weeks have been a blur as I have taken a break from writing my blog everyday whilst in Sydney and have just been enjoying the moment. Pete and I had a lovely Christmas with Tessa with plenty of presents, food and drink. Sydney had the worst Christmas day weather wise in 70 years with it raining constantly for most of the day, spoiling many family bar-b-ques I am sure.

We packed in as much as we could during our time including a hike in a local national park with Tessa, visiting The Rocks area of Sydney, Opera House, enjoying a delicious Italian meal at Darling Harbour plus a bike ride by the side of the Paramatta river and even saw the latest Bond movie!

Back on the road again now and once again in a free camping rest area by the side of the motorway. Sharing our van with a few mozzies tonight and am pleased to see that our plug in blue light insect zapper which we purchased today is working splendidly.

Heading south via the coast road to Melbourne at this stage. Weather is, as usual, very very hot with extreme risk of fire everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pete canoeingPete canoeing
Pete canoeing

Port Hacking Sydney
Pet sitting in SydneyPet sitting in Sydney
Pet sitting in Sydney

Pete and Tessa


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb