Treking the Bush with David and Denise


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 15th 2012
Published: October 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

15 October 2012 Monday. Linda, Will, and I were not scheduled to be at Dancing Dave's home until noon, so we had some time to tour the Sydney CBD. Our first stop was the Queen Victoria Building right around the corner from our hotel. This shopping arcade was once left as derelict, but some historic preservation people recognized its worth and saved it from the developers demolition crew and tu... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




23rd October 2012
D&D's Home with David and Bob holding favorite Aussie Beer  (Courtesy of Dancing Dave)

Fantastic photo
Sorry that I could not meet you in Sydney so that I could spoil this photo by sitting next to both of you with a lemonade in my hand ;-) At least we were able to speak on the phone, so I was able to be involved, in a very small way, in your Australian visit.
26th October 2012
D&D's Home with David and Bob holding favorite Aussie Beer  (Courtesy of Dancing Dave)

Moderator get together...
even by phone it was good to get together!
23rd October 2012
D&D's backyard with David teaching Will how to pose

You're in tree fern heaven!!!
The tall one looks like Dicksonia antarctica and the one to the left, I believe is Cyathea australis :)
26th October 2012
D&D's backyard with David teaching Will how to pose

No...that's Will and Dancing Dave! Just kidding. I will leave it to David to confirm the plants but you are probably right.
23rd October 2012
Trek with David, Linda, Denise, and Bob  (Courtesy of Dancing Dave)

Now there are some ancient black boys :)
Xanthorrhoea australis if I'm not mistaken.....Gorgeous :D
23rd October 2012

Aussie Bush
So didnt that sign say maximum of 2 on the swinging bridge then there were 4 of you? hmmm :) But so very glad you got out into the aussie bush rather than just in downtown sydney. tam ps. my hubby works for the makers of the beer youre drinking so youre in the good books if you ever visit perth lol!
26th October 2012

Who reads signs!
Even with me and the other three the bridge didn't collapse, so they must leave a great safety margin. I look forward to having that great beer with you and your husband some day!
23rd October 2012
D&D's Home with David and Bob holding favorite Aussie Beer  (Courtesy of Dancing Dave)

CHEERS TO YOU
What a wonderful day showing Linda, Will & yourself the hidden secrets around our home, bush & waterways...in Sydney's North. Thank you for joining us and sharing your limited time in Sydney with us...we got on like old mates...testimony to Travelblog. We had to laugh when you wished to baulk at some of the climbing you had to do on our trek...but as I insisted on being tail end Charlie...what choice did you have? That was a Pamper Grade Trek by the way! The photo captures it nicely...two mates having a beer after a great day. Best wishes for the NZ portion of your trip. Give Linda another hug from us...and enjoy the memories of your brief trip to Sydney.
26th October 2012
D&D's Home with David and Bob holding favorite Aussie Beer  (Courtesy of Dancing Dave)

Thanks for introducing us to the Pamper Grade Trek. Next time I'll have to get in shape before visiting. Again...thanks for the memorable time. I'll get a South Island blog off shortly...presently in Rotorua and enjoying every minute!
23rd October 2012

That's my dream
Your blog is very helpful for me,thank you,this let me konw more.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb