New Zealand / Australia Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 10th 2012
Published: March 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

AustraliaAustraliaAustralia

Surveyor's Point of reference
3/09/2012

Clear skies and sunshine! John and Norah have planed a day in Sydney Central. We took the train into the City. Upon arriving in Center City, we walked to Central Quay where we had close up views of the magnificent Sydney Opera House and the Harbor Bridge.

From the Central Quay, we took the ferry across Sydney Harbor to Manley. We had lunch at an outdoor café and walked to the beaches. The beaches are beautiful and clean. Many swimmers and surfers were taking advantage of a beautiful summer day.

Returned to Center city by ferry and walked to the Rocks area, the historical section of the city. In early days, the Rocks divided the Convict section of town from the Colonial Settlers section.

After walking about the Rocks, we took a bus back to George Street in Central City. The four of us walked through the Victoria Building, a very fine historical building with grand archways and mosaic floors. From there, we walked to Hyde Park (historical)one of Sydney’s beautiful city parks.

To wrap up the Grand Urban Walk we proceeded to China Town. It was literally alive with pedestrians. We chose
SydneySydneySydney

The Harbor Bridge
from one of the many restaurants and had dinner in China town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SydneySydney
Sydney

The Opera House
SydneySydney
Sydney

Harbor Bridge from the Rocks
SydneySydney
Sydney

Hyde park
ManleyManley
Manley

The Promenade @ Manley
ManleyManley
Manley

the Beach
ManleyManley
Manley

More Beach
ManleyManley
Manley

And another beach
ManleyManley
Manley

Water Dragon surveying tourists
ManleyManley
Manley

Entrance Sydney Harbor
SydneySydney
Sydney

Sunset over the Harbor
SydneySydney
Sydney

Queen Victoria
SydneySydney
Sydney

En route to Chinatown


12th March 2012

Sounds like you're having fun!
If you two aren't worn out and homesick by now I'm not sure if you ever will be! All the pictures are gorgeous and I'm sure the scenery is what is keeping you going, but just all your talks of hiking and walking everywhere seems exhausting! Glad you are enjoying your pilgrimage! :)
12th March 2012

Sounds like you're having fun!
If you two aren't worn out and homesick by now I'm not sure if you ever will be! All the pictures are gorgeous and I'm sure the scenery is what is keeping you going, but just all your talks of hiking and walking everywhere seems exhausting! Glad you are enjoying your pilgrimage! :)

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb