The Power of Music


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 4th 2011
Published: March 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Starting the day off......Starting the day off......Starting the day off......

.....with The Starting Line! Probably only time in their life they will play a gig at 1130am on a Sunday!
Music is a wonderful thing. It can make you nod your head along to the beat, make you jump up and down un-controllably, it can put you to sleep and as I discovered this week it can help purge the soul. For too long music has tortured me in a way – reminded me of difficult times past when really the potential of what’s to come should be what consumes my mind.
The festival of music known as Soundwave provided the platform for me to genuinely fall back in love and slowly but surely help re-ignite my passion for music. New Found Glory, Sum41 and Millencolin in particular put me on such a natural high during their sets last Sunday, feelings that will not be forgotten for some time. Seeing Pennywise supporting Millencolin the next night with some of the best friends a human could hope for simply solidified an incredible couple of days. There’s always one band at these festivals who grabs your attention and that honour this time round belongs to Bayside – a punk/pop band out of New York. Their new song is Sick sick sick. Check it out its pretty cool!
Like I said previously im always a little hesitant to talk up an event for fear of disappointingly not reaching the anticipated summit you’ve created through your elevated expectations but I have to say that the music experienced the last week well and truly exceeded even my lofty expectations.
As if the music wasn’t good enough I had such wonderful company including Hame and Kars (who also doubled up their Millencolin/Pennywise experience!), the lady with the greatest singlet in the business Liz Terry, Ed “I cant believe he didn’t get back stage – or get the play list “ Langham, Ryan who scored a Millencolin drum stick which is not surprising seeing as though he was at the front and at least a foot taller than everyone else and Pinar - the lady with music in her bones and soul, who no doubt will be heading to super cool gigs into her 90’s!
Now that the flame is flickering for music these are dangerous times – I have one eye on the Triple J gig guide with shows on the horizon including Jebediah and Unwritten Law just to name a few!
If they are half as good as shows I have seen in the last week
Sum41Sum41Sum41

Such a great live show - the show was awesome
im in for a cracker of a time. Better make sure theres a fire extinguisher close cos this flame might quickly get out of control!
Hope youre all having fun wherever that may be : )
Simo



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

MILLENCOLINMILLENCOLIN
MILLENCOLIN

Playing "The Ballad" - fabulous song
"Where did you get that singlet""Where did you get that singlet"
"Where did you get that singlet"

Not sure how many times Liz has been asked that question but its alot - thing is there was only one made - and she made it!
New Found GloryNew Found Glory
New Found Glory

Take a close look at the tattoo on the guys back. The world and highlighted in green countries he's been to!
NFG tearing it upNFG tearing it up
NFG tearing it up

They (and me) may be getting older but they most certainly never get old!
Hame and KarsHame and Kars
Hame and Kars

Checking out Queens of the Stoneage!
Double TroubleDouble Trouble
Double Trouble

Happy Days - Enough said!
Iron MadienIron Madien
Iron Madien

You cant see it but on the side of the prop is a big emblem of West Ham! Go the hammers!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb