New Years Eve & Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 1st 2010
Published: January 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We spent the morning of New Years day in Kings Cross. We finally saw a hooker in the area and she was very stereotypical, fishnet stockings etc, which was amusing as we have been to King’s Cross a lot now and hadn’t seen any. We then went campervan/car shopping. As we had left it pretty late literally only one rental company had one vehicle left for us to rent. The good news was that it was a 2 month old camper car that looks really good with fully comprehensive insurance and no excess and 24 hour roadside assistance. The bad news was the price, so we ended up spending a few hundred dollars more than we had originally hoped.

The car is very funky. Google Jucy Rentals if you would like to take a look. Basically it is about the size of a large 7 seater with a roof top box that converts into a bedroom on top. We have 2 DVD players, a fridge/freezer, cooking area, table and sitting area and a picnic table and chairs for outside. It is also green and purple which is pretty funky for a car!

We went to the supermarket after got
A good signA good signA good sign

A crocodile at Sydney Aquarium
all the ingredients for a spaghetti Bolognese, which we had as a late lunch before we went out for New Years.

We then went with Ash to his friend’s house in Gladesville, Sydney. We had to catch the bus and the driver let us on for free which was pretty cool. We got to the house and they had a couple of pools set up and a terrace area where we stayed for a couple of hours. At about 11pm we walked to a lookout point where you could see the harbour bridge. We literally made it to the point at midnight and the fireworks started, so at least we didn’t have to wait around for too long! They were ok but they became spectacular for the finale which was really good. We then went back to Dave’s place and continued the party.

We got up late on New Year’s Day and went to KFC for lunch; we then drove back into town. We freshened up and then met up with the guy’s on George Street where we caught the monorail to Darling Park. The monorail was good fun and you had to put a token into a turnstile to get on. Although it was really hot in the monorail compartment. We then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening at Sydney Aquarium which was pretty good. We got to see great whites, stingrays, jelly fish, dugongs and loads of sea life creatures. Spent the evening relaxing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd January 2010

new year
Hi to all, who is driving the camper car? it sounds fab for travelling around the east coast. there are lots of places to pull into if i remember from my dad travelling along there by bus. some of the scenery will be stunning. so you will be heading to the great barrier reef then? the australian "blackpool". lol yes we had a good new year. uncle bob is still home and em had her school friends here on new years eve and we all went out into the street with saucepans at midnight to see the neighbours. there were fireworks too but not as many as you saw. pictures look good. all your hard work planning before you left has paid off as you seem to be on the ball.... continue having a great time take care love to you both.. x nat and emma went back today so house quiet now.. xx night nightxxx
8th January 2010

NYE
Sounds like you all had a much better NY than Christmas Day :-)...i lol at the 'typical hooker' scenario Kirstie :-) x

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb