Fun to the max


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 10th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was time to be heading to NSW and into the country side we went. Has anyone heard of the 'Water Fall' way? Well it is a fantastic drive from Byron Bay heading towards Tamworth and of course there are waterfalls all along the way drrrrr. Although this was not the only thing along the way we had an encounter with, Diana soooo very close to treading on a Tiger Snake! We were in the middle of know where on the way to check out one of the waterfalls and we were walking along and I pushed her into the grass having fun and a stick broke and she thought it was a snake and we had a laugh... Next thing I know less than three seconds latter Diana is walking backwards looking at me still laughing about the snake inident then I see a real snake behind her.. 'Darling, there is a snake behind you' she keeps going, 'DARLING THERE IS A BLOODY SNAKE BEHIND YOU' she keeps going "THERE IS A *$#^&@^%$*#(@#^%^#@*#^ SNAKE BEHIND YOU and it is when I grabbed her and pulled her away only one-two more steps.. It was very close call just funny she though I was joking again, but she is fine after two hours of shock afterwards..

Anyway the Blue Mountains we headed to after Tamworth and they were awesome and had some fun there also with horse riding, cave walking with under water lakes for around three hours (it was massive caves) and some hiking of course. The country of NSW is great, green with plenty of wildlife at every corner. Got very lucky with the weather in the mountains, well it rained once but we were caving so no matter at all.. Also in the Katoomba where we stayed we got a guitar 😊 Neither us have know idea how to play but we are going to give it a go now.

Last stop on our itinerary was Sydney for three nights. Done the main tourist things of course, zoo's, aquarim, Opera House, bridge and a harbour cruise which was great to do at night. Also I think Diana has shopped the East Coast of Australia out of clothing and souvineers, oh my can she shop! Good work darling 😊

So our time had come to an end for the month in Aus and it went to bloody quick! We have drove a lot of k's from Cairns to Sydney and all the side tracking we did along the way but also seen everything we wanted to do with our time. Even if we had three months there we would not have seen everything so it means we may need to go back another time 😊

So Diana is back to Lithuania to her studies and for me now I have two weeks back home in Tassie before moving over to her on the 28th September!


Additional photos below
Photos: 91, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 30; qc: 123; dbt: 0.1697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb