Up up and awaaaaaaayyyyyy!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 24th 2008
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Poe and MaxPoe and MaxPoe and Max

This was taken a few days before we left. The jacket was a gift from your Ma and Pa, and I wanted to take some photos of you in it because we were moving to Beijing and it was summer there. As luck has it, you were still small enough to fit into it for the Beijing winter which was extremely cold.
Dear Max,

By the time you read this, or are able to read this, you would probably have forgotten about our very unique experience in China. I am writing this blog, so that you can read back on it, and learn what it was like to live in China for the first few years of your life.

Your Dad was asked by the company he works for, to come to Beijing to help set up a branch of the Australia office. It was an opporunity we couldn't miss. And so after much deliberation, we said yes, and began the long task of packing up our house in Hurlstone Park. You were 9 months old at the time, and a very well behaved boy. You were just happy to sit and play with your toys. You smiled all the time, and never cried much at all. Dad called you "Maxamillion Robspierre" - his French revolutionary. You were an easy baby, which made our decision to relocate to China much easier as we knew that you would cope well with the transition.

The hardest part about leaving Australia was having to adopt out our much loved Family Dog Poe. Poe
Saying our Goodbyes.Saying our Goodbyes.Saying our Goodbyes.

I thought I'd be ok leaving, but I just lost it at the departure gates. Bon Voyage and see you all in a year.
was a gorgeous Orange Cocker Spaniel, named after the writer, Edgar Allen Poe. Poe was your protector, and your best friend. He made you smile and he licked your face which I thought was quite repulsive, but you seemed to like it.

We met a lovely family who were looking to adopt a dog, and they fell in love with Poe the instant they saw him. We still keep in touch via email. They send photos of Poe playing at the beach, on holidays with them. It was sad to leave him, but I am confident that Poe is very happy with his new family.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb