A nice time had


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 4th 2006
Published: February 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On my last day in Sydney i met up with Hiwet, the Swedish-Ethiopian woman who I met in Alice Springs. She had come to Sydney on a long train journey so she arrived several days after me, but i had said to her in Alice Springs that if she emailed me we could meet up in Sydney so we arranged to do so.

We arranged to meet on the steps of Sydney Opera House which all told is a pretty cool place to arrange to meet someone. Hiwet seemed very pleased to see me as i was pleased to see her and we started by spending about twenty minutes or so taking photographs of the opera house with and without ourselves being in the photos. This was nice and i felt in good spirits that i had met with her.

After this we went for lunch together at a nearby food establishment (i had a chicken korma, which was well nice). We chatted there for a while about the Ayers Rock tour, her son (who is learning Thai boxing), future travel plans and loads of other things. Hiwet also said that on the tour seeral other people had told her that they really liked me because i was socialising with everyone and it felt good to hear her say this.

She also told me that if i was ever in Sweden i could hook up with her again (i do have vague plans to travel in Europe so its feasible that we will meet again).

After this we walked the Harbour Bridge together and took a load more photographs, there was actually a couple getting married in the middle of the harbour bridge. Hiwet loved this and wanted to get her own photgraphs of it (i discovered on this day that she really loves to take photgraphs).

We walked further into the city and chatted a lot, which was nice. We came across a cool swimming pool that seemed really worth going to, but we did not go swimming because we had not brought swimming stuff with us. Still maybe another time.

EVentually we said our goodbyes and gave each other a hug, i told her it had been really nice to meet her and she said the same to me, she says she will be emailing photgraphs to me and its entirely possible that i will see her again as and when i choose to visit Sweden.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb