Melbourne mayhem and on to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 4th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I've now moved on from New Zealand and back to Australia for a few days before my flight from Sydney to Santiago.

In Melbourne, i met up with Nikki. She'd checked in to the same hostel as me, which resembled an old peoples home, so it didn't take long to find her. We spent a few hilarious days enjoying the bars and nightlife in Melbourne and toasting ourselves at the beach in St Kilda. We made a lot of friends at our hostel and got very well aquainted with some new drinking games and the local nightlife.

After Nikki moved on to Perth i went to the great ocean road for the day before flying back to Sydney.

From there, i went to the blue mountains for a day, which was pretty awesome and I was amazed to find that they have double decker trains over here. I was probably more awestruck by that than that fact on the way to the mountains than tha mountains themselves.I also went back to the Sydney opera house, this time to see a play, Travesties by Tom Stopppard. The play was really funny and it was great way to spend my last evening in Australia, especially as it meant i got to see the sun setting over Sydney harbour bridge.

I'm all packed now ready for my morning flight to begin the South America chapter of my journey. It'll be strange to be back again in a place where things aren't so familiar, as in Australia and New Zealand, and where English isn't necassarily spoken. So now i'm saying a sorry goodbye to the great people i've met in australia, the koalas and kangaroos, the much-loved goon (the cheap nasty boxed wine) and am kicking myself for never learning Spanish. There are also a few things i wont be sad to see the back of (how many times can one person hear the song 'a land downunder' without going slightly insane?) but mostly australia's been great, aside from the changing weather.

It's a 16 hour flight tomorrow including the stopover so maybe a phrasebook is in order. The time difference still confuses me (how can it take 16 hours and i still only get there 2 hours later?)

Anyway, enough pondering. As always, i hope everyone's well back home. Love to everyone.

x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



10th April 2009

AUS
niiiiice!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb