Home and Away Summer Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 23rd 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We visited the beach where Home and Away is filmed just north of Sydney, a one and a half to two hour local bus trip. There are no tours to the area so it is a DIY job. We saw the Surf Life Saving Club where Alf and co hang out. They haven't been filming there though for a couple of weeks, so there was no action to see. We were informed that if you call channel 7 before hand they can tell you where the filming is taking place.

We were there in winter time. It was a little chilly. The poor actors have this amazing location to go to work, but will have to wear summer clothes in the cold weather, now that is not fun. They also have to act like it is nice and warm.

When we boarded the bus to head back to Sydney's city centre, I was asked by the driver about a sticker I had bought. It said Summer Bay Somewhere on the Australian cost. He wanted to know where I got it, he must be a fan. I bought it in the surf life saving club. They sell all manner of Home and Away suvioners.

The beach you will need to visit is called Palm Beach. If you need to take the bus the number is L90. It leaves from the main bus station in Sydney's Central Business District, beside the main railway station.

The main part of the beach used for filming is at the far left end of the beach. I didn't recognise the beach until I got to that end.








Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Phil having an Aussie pie Phil having an Aussie pie
Phil having an Aussie pie

To the left on the wall you can see some of the Home & Away items you can buy.
Me outside the surf clubMe outside the surf club
Me outside the surf club

Club official A Stewart


19th November 2008

Palm BeachTours
Hi Great to see you had such a nice time at Palm Beach. Just letting you know that there are tours there by a company called Barrenjoey Tours. They do the Palm Beach and Northern Beaches Day Tours. www.barrenjoeytours.com.au And ya get to go to The Bahai Temple as well. Seriously Cool Bill.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb