Coogee Beach and a new truck!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 21st 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We bought a new truck today up in Sydney and we are all set to go once we pick up the trailer on Wednesday morning. We bought a 2003 Toyota Hilux 4x4. So the plan is to do a bit more running around, hit the beach a few times, and then we are heading down the coast just south of Batemans's Bay to go camping with Brett's aunt and uncle for 3 days before we head up north along the coast.

Driving on the other side is getting to be almost like back at home. Just have to do the double/triple check when pulling out of gas stations, etc. Only hit the windshield wipers instead of the turn signals about once our twice a day now.

We met up with Chris Gosling at Coogee Beach in Sydney after we picked up the truck for a few schooners (glasses of beer). He lieves just up the hill from the beach which would be a great place to live. Starting to remember all the Aussie lingo, basically add a "y" or an "o" to the shortened version of a word and you've got it. And one we can get used to
Coogee BeachCoogee BeachCoogee Beach

One of the beaches in Sydney
tomaaahhhhto sauce instead of ketchup we will fit right in. Did see they do have real ketchup at Wooly's (which is Woolworth's, the main grocery store), so we will definately be picking some of that up. Tomato sauce just isn't the same.

Weather has been great, about mid 20's and sunny. We hit the beach yesterday in Wollongong for a couple hours, surf wasn't great as it was pretty windy. Today is supposed to get to 32 degrees, so a trip to the beach again is in the plan for the day after we pick up a mobile phone and a few other things.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chris and BrettChris and Brett
Chris and Brett

Having a couple beers at the Coogee Beach Hotel
Outdoor saltwater swimming poolOutdoor saltwater swimming pool
Outdoor saltwater swimming pool

These pools are everywhere along the coast. Nice if it was infront of your house! We saw a couple humpback whales off of here.
Werri BeachWerri Beach
Werri Beach

In Gerringong, about half hour south of Wollongong.


22nd October 2007

I'm so happy for u two!
yay! What a good idea to do up a blog. Looks like you two are already having lots of fun and fitting right in. I'm so happy for you two....you deserve to be relaxed and happy after a year and a half of renos...you worked hard for it!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb