Road Trip to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 12 hours of driving from Queensland with few stopovers along the east coast of NSW for lunch and coffee break, we finally crossed the famous “Sydney Harbour Bridge”…. something we would have missed if we caught the plane to Sydney.

It has been 13 years since the last time we visited Sydney. A lot of things have changed since then. We traversed back to the places we’ve been and everything looked different. The smell of air, the feel and look of the surroundings all seemed different. I clearly remember being sick the whole time I was in Sydney. It was the winter of 1994 . The cold made me hibernate in the comfort of our hotel room rather than enjoy Sydney's wonderful sights.

Spring of 2007, we’re back in Sydney. This time, I must admit that I really like Sydney. The nice blend of Victorian-Federation buildings and the city’s modern architecture is truly astonishing. Standing at the corner of George St. and Park St., I found myself admiring the magnificent architecture of the Queen Victoria Building, Sydney’s Town Hall and St. Andrew’s Cathedral, all built in the 19th century.


The fringe of Sydney Harbour is home
Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House

Looking out from Royal Botanical Garden
to Australia’s famous iconic landmarks such as Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. The view of the Sydney’s skyline is simply breathtaking looking out from Taronga Zoo Wharf (the other side of the harbour). We took the “Captain Cook Cruise” to Taronga Zoo then afterwards cruised around the Sydney harbour.

There are just so much things to see and do in the vibrant city of Sydney.

One crazy thing Jamie and Liam got into is wake up early in the morning and go to Channel 7's Sunrise TV show at the Martin Place Plaza. Ryan woke up wondering where is Liam and his dad, then suddenly saw his dad on TV .... waving ! Jamie and Liam also saw the "Rogue Traders" sing live on stage at the plaza. The band was responsible for the "Voodoo Child" hit song.They also got pictures taken with the Sunrise TV presenters/reporters....

The ambience in the Darling Harbour at night is sheer romance. We pretty much had our dinners almost every night at the Harbourside. Just strolling along the foreshore of the Darling Harbour, we were surprised to see the “Earth From Above” photography exhibition by the award-winning French photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand. The spectacular large-scale photographs depicting the current state of our planet addressing environmental issues have inspired millions of people in more than 40 countries. Its core message is about earth-friendly sustainable development. The exhibition is free for everyone to see.

Chinese Garden of Friendship is also located in the Darling Harbour. It has been completely overhauled since the last time I went there. There are now more of the traditional Chinese tea houses, pavilions and variety of plants. An entrance fee has now been introduced.


On a last positive note, we really enjoyed Sydney and glad that we went on this trip.

Hope you enjoy viewing the photos as much as we love taking them. It's our small contribution to Australia's tourism industry.....cheers ! ;>



Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House

Sydney Harbour
Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House

Sydney Harbour
Sydney Habour BridgeSydney Habour Bridge
Sydney Habour Bridge

looking out from Sydney Opera House
Chinese GardenChinese Garden
Chinese Garden

Darling Harbour
Chinese GardenChinese Garden
Chinese Garden

Darling Harbour
Chinese GardenChinese Garden
Chinese Garden

Darling Harbour
Chinese GardenChinese Garden
Chinese Garden

Darling Harbour
Chinese GardenChinese Garden
Chinese Garden

Darling Harbour


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb