"If an eggplant and an artichoke had a child..."


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 20th 2004
Published: August 20th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Only Rachel would come up with that description for a purple cactus which was shaped like an artichoke.
So here i am in Sydney, after 36 hours of travel. I got through it of course and it was totally worth it! The trip started off well, with an improptu discussion about the hideousness of the american job market and the problems of standardized testing when i checked in at Newark airport. Lets put it this way, i had 4 very liberal conversations enroute to Sydney, 2 with americans, 2 with Aussies. These 4 conversations, the empty seat next to me from LA to here, and the 8 hours or so of conversations i had with my friends while at LAX are what made the trip overhere bearable.
After landing and getting to town, we took much need showers at the Hostel, and i gave Rachel clean socks. I can't begin to describe how much she needed them! (Travel tip #1 for this trip, if you run out of clean socks, please by new ones, socks are cheap and everyone around you will thank you.)
We headed into Chinatown, armed with a map (which we didn't really use) and the name of a dumpling place recommened by Andres. Actually it was one place on a long list of places which he recommened, many of which we passed in our wanderings today. After a meal of pork buns and delicious pork, onion and cucumber noodles, we walked down to darlington harbour. We played and took photos down there. We walked under the harbour bridge and over to the Circular Quay (pronounced "Key" like in NZ), got awesome gelato and chilled by the water. From there we went to the Opera House, Botanic gardens and the domain. Other then enjoying the view, we took turns climbing the trees. My favourate looked like an albino sculpture. Now time for dinner, planning and sleep.
another great Rachel quote for the day, this one about the Palm tree graden "look at all the cheerleaders with their palm- palms" can you all hear the cheezy drum beat?
 

Advertisement



20th August 2004

The word you're looking for
I think the word you're looking for is "rimshot" with the cheesey bu-dum-chi. And that palm palm thing, That's a bad one, and I know a little something about bad puns. Anyway, have fun, and maybe when you get back, you can come see me in P-dam? Hmm? It won't be snowing, I think I can promise you that. Well, ttyl Love, Wogs
24th August 2004

Yaaay!!!
Yaaay!!! Caren's blog is back! Keep us posted! Ghislain

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb