McMahons Point, Circular Quey and Mossman


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 15th 2019
Published: October 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to another sunny day and after breakfast set off on our second Sydney touristy day with our super guide Karen.

We walked to the local bus stop in Lane Cove and caught the bus to McMahons Point and then the ferry Bungaree, under the Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay and then another ferry the 'Golden Grove' from there to Mosman Bay. We had a coffee stop waiting for the next bus up to Georges Head (part of Sydney Harbour National Park) up a long winding road. The view there is spectacular. This is a quote from John White, Surgeon-General, First Fleet on 26 January 1788. "Port Jackson I believe to be without exception, the finest and most extensive harbour in the universe, and at the same tIme the most secure". There remain numerous canons, hidden underground, which were installed to defend the harbour from the French in the 19C. It was a stratgic position over looking the entrance to the habour, between the Heads.

We wandered along a path to an excellent restaurant called Frenchy's Cafe, where the staff all spoke French (strange that), with lots of French goods to buy. After a leisurely lunch we visited some of the artist's studios nearby that now use some of the old military buildings.

We took the bus back to Mosman and caught the B1 double decker bus back to where Karin had parked her car. A delightfull neighbour called Julie came in for sundowners.

We had another lovely dinner and a fitful night's sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb