Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 17th 2019
Published: October 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We went to Chris, Natalie and Mikey's school this morning leaving the house at 7.10, so the Natalie was in time to try for a place in the Soft Ball team. We heard later that she had been selected. We popped home for a quick breakfast before setting off for the Blue Mountains. It took about 2 hours, through the busy traffic, for Graeme to drive us to Katoomba. We started our tour of the Blue Mountains at Echo Point with magnificent views over the extensive forests, stretching into the far distance. The iconic Three Sisters were lit by the sun.

We took the 30 minute scenic walk to Katoomba Cascades and Falls, which included quite a number of steps up and down! But we were rewarded with spectacular views. Graeme kindly walked back to collect the car so we didn't have the long walk back. He was our super fit guide!

Graeme knew of an excellent restaurant in Leura where we had a delicious lunch before heading back to St Ives. Mikey was playing soccer at 4.30 at a sports field a little distrance away. We watched him run around the field in his 6 a side match. He went home with friends and we went to the beach for a quick look and a cool drink with Graeme and Natalie. Natalie's soccer match started at 6.45, which we watched from the raised seating. She scored an amazing goal with a great kick from near the goal posts into the goal at the other end of the field! It was a good game but sadly they lost the match 3:4.

In the evening, after a snack, we watched Chris's presentation on his proposed business app, which will connect 'Golden Oldies' with people who would like to do some little jobs on a part time basis.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Natalie on the pitchNatalie on the pitch
Natalie on the pitch

She scored a great goal


20th October 2019

Amazing views
I cannot believe how much you are packing into each day. Your blog makes good reading. Enjoy the rest of your time x

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb