Tale of a double express stop in Sydney...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 18th 2019
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Slowly, I'm sorting out my pictures of this pretty amazing trip. We are back Australia for few thousand miles! Been to the country for way too many times that it is time for me to finally see places I hadn't before....but before that, Tanya and I love Sydney....but we never came together! So here it is...a double 2 days one night stand in this amazing city. We saw few friends....didn't everybody, sorry....it was truly on the run. I'm not going to complain, the sun was with us for every minute of this trip!



So we first stop on our way between Bangkok and Rarotonga and next was on our way back from Papeete via Auckland and next....soon the big rock!



We are staying at the Sheraton on the Park where they treated us like royals. We should have actually taken pictures of the lounge, one of the best one Marriott has to offer....but I guess we were too busy with the bubbles and few oysters! They have a swimming pool with a special view...but we ended being to much on the discovery to enjoy it!



So on the program...some sunny winter days! Stocking for our trip to Papeete....few friends....and Bondi, riding the local boats, Watson Bay, a night at the Opera, as well as the Maritime Museum!



On our first stop, we spent a full morning at Bondi beach. Bear in mind, this is the middle of the winter, so we are more than happy to have the sun warming us above 20 degrees! That evening, after the lounge, we also had our dose of culture with an evening at the Opera. I have to admit, we could do with more culture living on our beach (soon to be beaches)....so each time we can, it's a performance in an iconic place. This year was La Scala in January, and this time, Madame Butterfly in Sydney...amazing evening!



On our second stop, we spent few hours at the Maritime Museum. A first for both of us. Could have easily spent the full day here, so we will have to come back to finish to visit what we couldn't. This museum is simply superb! This would please any kid form 7 to 77 years old....and I guess even to 97 even! The highlight for Tanya, finally visiting her first submarine. I have to admit, it's my third and each visit is more than an amazing one. I would have never want to work on one of these...but suddenly, viewing the movie "Kursk" few days later put things in perspective for us!



Not terrace with bubbly or Sauvignon Blanc picture here. We did actually a lot over our stay...and with a nice terrace in our suite plus the special lounge, there was not need for more with all this walking!



Next, we are first flying to Adelaide. Nope, no blog here, and we actually never really left the airport compound....but we are heading north and this itinerary was the one making sense! Next blog, back to some sort of backpacking for us, for one of those iconic places in the world!


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb