did someone say pool party?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 11th 2006
Published: November 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

England boysEngland boysEngland boys

funny who you bump into on the streets of Sydney
back again, hope your brews not gone cold yet as ive got the latest info at hand an ready to tell.
our accomodation search had finally yielded fruit and it was fruit in the form of an 18th floor appartment. nice. that actually reminds me ive completely forgotten to tel you all that currently its just me and Gary at the mo as our third member Keith "Crocodile Crowthorne" Walker has departed for the wilds of Australia, the fact that Keith doesn't need to work meant that there was no point in him hanging around in Sydney while Gary and i worked so hes headed off up the coast and plans to meet us back in Sydney around Christmas time. but fear not as hes gone armed with his trusty Lonely Planet guide book and i fully expect him to return having experienced what Oz has to offer and giving us some handy pointers as to where is the best place to be.
ne way back to the meat of the sandwich and our new appartment. its an 8 share flat and me ang gary have a three bed room which we share with our good friend Enrico. we first met
EnricoEnricoEnrico

Enriico had enjoyed his time in America
him in the last hostel and he was also looking for a place and asked if we could help. so weve roped him into our new place and hes already been cooking up some cracking italian food thats been keeping fed. our other house mates are tony (french) scot and dave (scotch) and krystal and dominic (brummies). all seem very friendly and tony and krystal met us down our local after work last nite, the superbly titled slip inn for a few quiet drinks, at least that was the plan.
the slip inn is also the bar that all our work colleagues also go to mainly because its 2-4-1 till 10. so as you can imagine it gets pretty messy especially at about 9:55 when you go to the bar and order a mass of drinks to avoid paying full price after 10. some point Tony our dimunitive French housemate turned up with a load of Tequilas and from then on the plan for a couple of quiet ones went right out of the window.
at the current time gary and the others are back at the flat eating ham n cheese toasties and trying to piece the nite together.
new padnew padnew pad

our lovely kitchen
i decided i needed a stroll which involved meandering down to the inet place to speak to you all now. after which im headed back for a nice swim in our pool. oh did i forget to mention we have a pool.
if you were thinking that what attracted us to the appartment was the beautiful views from the balcony or the Breville sandwich toaster what sealed the deal was the pool, gym, sauna, jacuzzi and games room that is free to all residents. Happy days are here again. so im sure you can imagine that im pretty damn smug with my new abode and with the life in Sydney in general. oh and to top it off i also got to see the mighty tottenham beat chelsea last weekend. to be fair the last time everything was going this well was 30 seconds before i fell off that damn scooter so we'll see how it goes
ne way thats whats been happening with me in Sydney these last few weeks. i hear its been pretty chilly over in England but im sure youre all coping and awaiting the onset of Christmas.
I look forward to hearing back from you
the balconythe balconythe balcony

perfect for the BBQ
all
Jammo
ps gaz and i were wandering the streets of Sydney last week when who should we meet but England cricketers Andrew Strauss, Marcus Trescothick, Geraint Jones and Paul Collingwood. all top blokes although that didnt stop them getting smashed in the first warm up game yesterday. the photo may make them appear small its actually the fact that im a big lanky git looming over them grinning like an idiot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

nice viewnice view
nice view

what we see every morning
dont look downdont look down
dont look down

18 floors up is prety damn high
daniel and chrisdaniel and chris
daniel and chris

our workmates illustrate the hazards of 2-4-1 drinking


13th November 2006

You could have taken out Jones!
Just in case Fletch' loses his beans and puts the little cant catch cant stump cant bat git back in. did you hold much of a conversation with them? You should have tried to impersonate Harmy, it would ahve fooled Brocket (its something like that), all inbreds think everyone looks alike. TTFN.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb