Day 1 Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Warriewood Beach
March 15th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a problem with the pre-booked transport bfrom the airport, but sorted it out.
Arrived at the Vulcan hotel, 500 Wattle Street, Ultimo, Sydney, at about 9am. Check in is 2pm, so we just left our luggage. Chris didfn't feel happy about leaving his computer, so he carried it with him.
GORGEOUS weather. Walked to Darling Harbour, about 15 mins from Hotel. Well, the walk was beautiful, and so was the harbour. Most of thewalk was along a walkway, with water features, a park cafes etc along the way. Went past Paddy's markert, which is apparently very famous, but we're not in the mood today.
Had breakfast and coffee on the harbourfront, felt decidedly overdressed in my black trousers and long sleeved top! rolled the sleeves up as best could. Had a look around Darling Harbour and decided to go to Sydney Aquarium to fill in time until we can go to the Hotel. OMG howamazing was that? Sharks, all manner of fish and the biggest ray I have ever seen, it must have been 20 feet accross. We also went on a glass bottomed boat and looked down on the fish. Saw IMAX cinema , fancy going there maybe at the end of our time got tohere.
We both love Sydney already, asnd we haven't even seen the bridge or ther opera house yet!!
Saw a likely pub at the end of Pyrmont Bridge.hecked in at the Hotel and hgad a sleep.
Went to pub and had a few drinks including one made from butterscotch and baileys
Cambridge with a kick! ask me what it was called when I see you. Walked back to Hotel and had kebab on the way. Room OK but airconditioning keeps buzzing about every 40 seconds - I know I was counting a good part of ther night!!!!
A good day though, in spit of body clock confusion.
PS there is a princess Diana exhibtion on at the Power House Museum got to go to that.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb