Rocks Village 'Bizarre'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » The Rocks
December 2nd 2011
Published: December 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There is a village bazaar at The Rocks each Friday night in the lead up to Christmas – titled the ‘Village Bizarre’ which consists of some market stalls, lots of food and drink stalls and all kinds of different activities taking place in the street.



Will was enjoying a post work beverage with new work colleagues, so Jo headed down to The Rocks with Jess to check out what was happening.



We started with a drink with some friends in the Rocks square, whilst listening to a band who guaranteed that they would play any song that you wrote on their blackboard. We gave them Roxanne by The Police, but they also ranged from Cyndi Lauper to Robbie Williams.



From here we walked through the market stalls on the cobbled streets to take part in a silent disco – listening to music on headphones, whilst dancing in the street. We then went to see how the experts really do it and watched the Swing Dance Australia dancers put on a show with a full band supporting them.



Next it was time to practice our posture in a court yard
Silent DiscoSilent DiscoSilent Disco

Jess showing off her best disco moves
where they had hung books from trees and had a whole load of books on the floor for you to try balancing on your head – weird but strangely addictive once you’ve started trying!



Our final activity was some hula hoop dancing in the street, with illuminated hula hoops! After all this exercise and excitement it was time for a drink so we went to the roof terrace at The Glenmore pub, which has views of the Opera House, where Will joined us for a couple of drinks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Town Hall Christmas LIghtsTown Hall Christmas LIghts
Town Hall Christmas LIghts

...on the walk home


Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb