Sydney Day #2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
July 1st 2018
Published: July 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

We took our time getting up and moving today. After mulling over 3 different plans, we opted to going to Wooloomooloo wharf to have breakfast. We sat outside in the sun with blankets on our laps and a heater above our heads. The view was stunning.

Walked along the Quay under the bridge next to Sydney Bay to The Rocks Market … under tents where artists and chefs sell their wares … where we proceeded to shop like crazy … buying jewelry, a jacket, Allie’s wedding present & greeting card, gifts and a blouse for Allie’s wedding. They sell kangaroo balls key chains and wine openers. All I could think was: “poor little guys.” Wendy bought a really cool short jacket that makes her look like a rock star. She rocked that jacket the rest of the day. J



We hopped on the train to get closer to the Capitol Theater in China Town and saw the “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” musical. What a crazy, wonderful show & beautiful theater. Reminded me of “Beach Blanket Babylon,” but a more tender story line. Everyone we talk to is interested in knowing my home and says I have an accent (HA!). Most of them have been to California. More G&T and then wine @ a Thai Pub … hilarious. We found a Korean BBQ place and stepped in for more wine and some delicious meat & goodies. Laughed so much tonight and had our waitress laughing too, especially when she ran after us up the street twice with our belongings we left behind at dinner (no big deal, just Wendy’s wallet and my glasses). Ha ha.



Walked to the train, rode it like pros (up and down flights of stairs and around the platforms), made our way home. We can’t figure out how with the ferry ride, bus trip, train trips today we still have $32 on our “Opal” travel card. Everything is funny to us. Back to our little flat in Wooloomooloo for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb