got a job


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Randwick
October 13th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well i finally found a job, my first day was friday. i work with a charity/fundraiser, raising money for kids in disaster situations. right now were working with kids who lost there homes and schools due to flooding. basically i go to shops/homes/wharehouses and collect donations, or sell pins, or raffle tickets. on my first day i made the most money out of the whole crew. i don't really have a hourly wage i get 30% of the donations that i bring in, or a min. of 400 a week. im hoping that i can become a trainer by next week, in which case i will make an additional 5% of what my team sells. the work sucks but i get to be outside all day, exercising, and meet a lot of cool people. it also gives me a chance to see a lot more of australia. i will work full time m to f until december, and then travel up to cairns (great barrier reeef), alice springs (the rock), brisburne, and a few other places.
weather is still unpredictable suuny in the morning and then all of a sudden a storm will hit. storms arent to bad just heavy winds thunder lighting and rain, doesnt normally last very long.
the rugby world cup is going on now and last week england knocked out oz in the quarter finals, a pretty big upset, sydney was silent none of the newspapers reported the score. did u guys know that we have a team in the rugby world cup, or should say had a team in the world cup. they are horrible didn't win one game. tonight is the semi's england vs france, so the me and the english guys are going to stay up until 5am to watch it.
for those of you that i just added to the blog list u should be able to view the previous blogs on the home page.
hope all is well
love murph (jerred)
ps im working on the pics

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb