Sydney from all angles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Potts Point
September 14th 2010
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
We've had a brilliant (if very busy) time in Sydney over the past couple of days - we definitely feel as if we did everything it was possible to do in four short days! We arrived late on Thursday night and headed straight over to see a view of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House - iconic images which really made us think 'bloody hell we're actually in Australia!'.
First thing Friday morning we headed back to see what they looked like in daylight, and felt the same pang of disbelief! We walked around to the Opera House and then to The Rocks area, which is where the explorers originally docked, and is a really pretty area with a few boutiques and 'the oldest pub in Sydney'. We couldn't get enough of the view, and everytime you turned a corner the Harbour Bridge glared down at you from the end of the street - we couldn't wait to climb it! But for Friday afternoon we settled with Taronga Zoo, a short ferry ride (and another spectacular view) from Circular Quay in the City. We went to visit a couple of wild bears that we had heard about, the trip being part of James' birthday present from last October.
Saturday morning was the day we had been waiting for though, and we woke up to clear blue skies, a perfect day to scale the arch of the Harbour Bridge - and it lived up to all expectations! A little scary at some points, especially the ladders, but the view from the top was brilliant, and the sense of achievement along with it!
We made the most of the rest of the day by visiting the Pylon Museum at the Bridge and taking a walk over to Darling Harbour for a bite to eat.
On Sunday we took the railway to the Blue Mountains, and were pleased to have another beautifully clear day to see the amazing scenery and to do a few bush walks.
We also managed to keep up with our tour of Australia's cricket grounds with a visit to the SCG, and took in Bondi Beach too for some much needed relaxation.
We're in Surfer's Paradise now so have reached the part of the trip where we can finally slow down a little and enjoy this great weather on the beach.
Love to all,
The Bears xxx
Sydney!Sydney!Sydney!

View from the Botanical Gardens

PS. We couldn't take photo's on the Bridge Climb so only have the four that were taken by the BridgeClimb leader and are on a CD which you can see when we get home - or if we get chance we will try and put them up on here


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Giraffes
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Sun Bear
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Seal Show
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Three Bears
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Bear Hug
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Bear Kiss
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Smile for the Camera :D
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

View over the River to the City from the Zoo
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Koala Bears
Taronga ZooTaronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo

Think we found the smallest bears...


14th September 2010

we only have one word to say AMAZING... that and we are missing you both xx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb