4 ½ years of travel in 9 years – The world according to thedribbleman


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Parramatta
May 14th 2012
Published: June 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Below us is a barge, a dot in the bright blue Pacific Ocean. In the distance is my home. 16 hours since I left Los Angeles I thought of the ease it was to get here. One time in Africa I waited 24 hours just for a bus to leave the bus station, now I’m almost home. I was flying with a Fijian airline, Air Pacific and couldn’t help but link the closeness of the name to the TV series Lost’s airli... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




12th June 2012

Tour To India
Really such a nice and decent information shared here with good looking photos.... Tour To India Thanks
12th June 2012

I cannot believe that it is over....
What a fantastic finale to a series of remarkable journeys. You are one of the true adventurers of Travelblog - someone who dares to take the path less travelled (both in terms of destinations and travel style) and is not deterred by uncertainty or difficulty. It has been a pleasure to read your blogs and I sincerely hope that there are further travels in the future.
12th June 2012

Thanks Travel Camel
I guess now I have time to get jealous of everyone else on this blog traveling. Actually I still did when some good blogs came out. Maybe it will motivate me to get back out there. Will see. Thanks for the comments of the past few years. It was appreciated.
13th June 2012

Very cool video Dribbleman! What a trip you had...best wishes to you.
14th June 2012

Video
Gosh I should have done the slideshow this whole time. Such an idiot. Still better late then never.
13th June 2012

Simply Awesome :)
There are so many lines in your blog that I wanted to pull out and comment on so I read the entire thing twice and all I can say is thank you. Your blog is almost..naked..in a literary sense, thanks for letting us inside your head and seeing where you have come from and where you are going, where ever that may be. The honesty in this blog is beautiful, and im really glad you never shat yourself...gotta keep the Aussie reputation intact. Welcome home Drew.
14th June 2012

Back in Oz
Thanks I'm definitely back in the real world of rules and regulations that is Sydney. Nice comments, appreciated.
13th June 2012

What a profoundly reflective summation of your incredible journeys...
I note that there are still some large empty spaces on your Journey so far map...China, Mongolia, Russia, etc. so we all expect to hear more from you if settleing down, getting married, getting a mortgage, etc doesn't work out....but I hope it does work out; but with a balance between work and travel. I never did figure out how you could afford to be on the road for so long.
14th June 2012

Balance the next challenge
The idea was to see the far away places of the world whilst I was young leave the Pacific Islands Australia and east Asia. So if the balance is right I'll get there. All those options are daunting, haha
13th June 2012

What a Journey !
Enjoyed reading your adventures. I was particularly interested in knowing how your travels changed you. It looks like traveling enriched your life experience immensely, but my question is, did it make you a better person ? You've grown to be more confident, assertive and learned to stand up for yourself, but traveling also made you less caring and indifferent. Reading other travelers blogs, this seems to be the emerging pattern. Bad experiences through traveling toughen and harden one's soul.
14th June 2012

Less Caring
Gez Jo I was trying to sneak that one in. I suppose its not that I dont care but use reason more to understand situations before caring. I withhold the initial emotion and try and be rational more. Of course this is not all of the time.
14th June 2012

Welcome back!
Good to have you back in oz drew. I've learnt plenty from jp1 to jp5, Beats any geography class. What about a special edition, 'the untold stories' that will keep you busy!
14th June 2012

Surely not the end!
What an immensely moving summary of your time away. I guess you will always find ways to travel. I started at age 4 and haven't stopped, having lived in many different countries on different continents. It's an addiction! Good luck in Paramatta!
14th June 2012

Is it over?
Such honesty in your reflections of the last so many years. Hard to top. It's yours and yours alone. Like Cindy said, there are numerous lines in this blog that make a mark. Such adventure and you described them so well. Welcome home, Drew.
19th June 2012

Part of the first Journey
Hey mate - long time no see and good to see you've survived. Stevo and I will have to catch up for a beer with you sometime - possibly at a Raiders-Eels match given we are guaranteed a good result this season!
27th June 2012

Thanks for Sharing
I do not read to many other blogs but really enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing. loved the slide show too.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb