Hello Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Olympic Park
November 28th 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We haven't yet booked for Sydney, so I make a few calls. Being so close to the weekend, most of our usual choices are already booked but we manage to find a holiday park in the Bass Hill part of Sydney. They are relatively close to a train station which is good as we will be getting rid of the car on Saturday.

The drive to Sydney takes quite some time, with lots of road work on the way, but even when we reach Sydney it takes a long time to work our way though the edge of the city to our accommodation.

The park is a bit of a disappointment, not that we were expecting that much. There is no INTERNET and the cabin is a bit cramped and a little on the run down side, but we only started looking this morning so I guess that is what you have to expect.

Just a block from the park is a huge mall where Evy and I go to shop for dinner. It still seems a bit surreal to see all the Christmas decorations and hear “White Christmas” playing in this climate.

After dinner, Evy gives Paola and Ben, friends of her mother Pia, a call. They kindly invite us over for coffee and it turns out that their house is only a few blocks away. We have coffee and cookies while Benjamin and Joshua enjoy their many television channels.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb