Sydney Christmas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
December 25th 2011
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

25.12.2011

Christmas day!! Has he been?? Yes! Up early with Charlie to find stockings on the stairs full of presents that Santa had brought. We didn't think we were getting anything as we were in Australia. Me and Sophie got spoilt with very good presents from here and from back home aswell. Charlie had mounds of presents from all the family. We had eggy bread for breakfast that Sophie made for everyone and got ready to go the beach! The sun was shining and very warm which meant I was swimming in the sea on Xmas day! We came home after a couple of hours and got ready to go to Stu and Kate's friends house. We had a BBQ with huge prawns and snapper with a massive salad and rice. Was different from the traditional Xmas dinner but very nice. We drank all day playing volley ball and table tennis with drunk dancing and singing in the night. We had a great day even though we were so far from home.

26.12.2011

Kate and Stu had paid for us all to go on a boat into the Harbour for the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Everyone from Xmas day was there so it was a good crowd again. That meant everyone was a little bit hungover, Stu was sick a few times with the hangover and the motion of tne boat. We did a lap of the harbour while the commentator told us information about everything. Then headed to the start line of the race which was due to start at 1. We finally made it there and had good view of everything. I had never seen so many boats in all my life watching the start of the race. The atmosphere was great watching all the yachts line up getting there sails up ready for the start. When the gun went off we followed them out the harbour and to the entrance of the Pacific Ocean.

27.12.2011

We went to the zoo today. We borrowed one of Kate's friends passes so got in for free. Charlie was asleep most of the way round but woke up for the elephants and the seal show. There were 4 month old tiger cubs that we had to queue up for to see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.6kb