Getting Out of Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
June 23rd 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Right guys, well this appears to be my first entry, came accross this website and thought it would be a lot easier on my behalf then sending you lot emails all the time. Frankly i guess im just too Lazy. Left Sydney yesterday, we got a flight over to Perth and plan to get a camper in the next few days and travel up the west coast to Darwin. Sydney was cool for the first couple of weeks but after a while when your working all the time and weather turns rubbish there isn't much to do. Wish i could tell you about all these crazy nights ive had since ive been living here but it just hasnt happened. Good news is now i have no job, lots of cash and 4 weeks to blow it all in.

We have been living in a flat in Elizabeth Bay and i have been working for St George and the sports bar on 'freak street' in Kings Cross on Friday and Saturday nights, i say nights but it was from midnight till 8 in the morning, so my weekends consisited of serving drinks to those people who didn't know when it was time to go home (im sure there are a few of you reading this that would agree a lot of us come in to that boat). For all my bitching about working etc it has still been wicked, met some cool people. For our last night here me and sam (a northern lad i worked with in sports bar) met up with Caroline and her workmate Nicola from O'Malleys and got pissed up in World Bar before heading to O'malleys for a mass of free drinks. It was good last night but I have to say there is no pain like having to pack your rucksack and clean the flat with a mind-blowing hangover the next morning.

One of the highlights of Sydney was the Ben Harper concert last month, was wicked to finally see the man live and it didn't dissapoint, class act! Other cool things were definately Manly when its hot, awesome beach while Watsons Bay was cool to just hang out in on lazy afternoons. One last thing, im gonna have to mention Scruffy Murphys $5 Dollar steak and the departed Pommy Andy's trivia nights, both were damn special.

I was told Perth was meant to be 15 years behind everywhere else, if thats the case i wish i was born earlier. This place is cool, Its Caroline's birthday today so went down to freemantle and just chilled out on the wharf, tomorrow we are heading off to Rottnest Island. Paul gets here tonight, meeting up for the football on Sunday where the mighty England play Equador. A boring 1-0 win by a Beckham set piece anybody? He is joing our expedition to Darwin and i can't wait to be getting on the road again, campfires and goon all the way i say. All of you that havent been to Oz, goon is just a big box of wine but is so cheap, 5litres for about 4 quid, bargain!

Anyway hopefully this will be the first of many entries and ill manage to keep updating this over the next few weeks as i go up the west coast, next i guess will be Wave Rock. Hope everything is cool with everyone, Laters!

Alex



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb