Sydney take two


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We headed back to Sydney and across town we were off to Kings Cross and our final Australian stop. Kings Cross, the red light district and a place of complete contrast, along side the strip joints and night clubs stand up market cafés and bars and boutique shops, you just don’t know what your going to find.

Our hostel was definitely not the best choice we have made all trip, The Pink House was a two old houses joined together and falling apart, tatty and dirty. We stayed in a dorm room which had double bunk beds, which was extremely interesting!

We did meet some good people, unfortunately not in our dorm where the rude, young inhabitants took pleasure in disrupting everyone else. On the good side it wasn’t as much of a party hostel as it first appeared, but looking for good things was thin picking.

Once we had ourselves sorted. As much as we could and discovered that the kitchen was quite unusable we headed out for a bite to eat and to explore the city.

Our exploring took us round the harbour edge and Navy boats into the botanical gardens. Following the harbour round we saw Mrs Macquiries seat and the best view of the harbour bridge and opera house.

We carried on and spent the afternoon around circular quay and the Rocks markets. The city seemed better this time, perhaps because I was more awake but I think mainly as we had done our travelling and felt more relaxed. Alice loved the fact she found lots of Christmas trees, it seemed so strange to be in summer surrounded by decorations.

It was soon all over, as glad as we were to be leaving our hostel it was sad to say goodbye to Australia. Just time to catch the bus and take the hour trip to Palm beach and the home of Summer Bay and Home and Away. at first we just didn't recognise the place but as we followed the other Brits up the beach it all just became so familiar. very underplayed, not like Pin Oak and the Neighbours hype in Melbourne.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Palm BeachPalm Beach
Palm Beach

Summer Bay
surf clubsurf club
surf club

bit of a tardis, it's really small
palm beachpalm beach
palm beach

so home and away


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb