Birthday Celebrations for Miss Claire


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

1am - Although the hostel is still disgusting the town of sydney makes our days interesting and fun. Yesterday immediatly after waking (Claire in my bed as it looked cleaner than hers) we went to Featherdale Wildlife Sactuary so that i could see the Koalas.

Really Good. We walked around, stroked a Koala whilst others ate and slept around us, fed Kangaroos and wallabies that bounced happily around our feet and saw many Australian native animals including Dingos, Fruit bats, Emu, Wombats and the infamous Tazmanian Devils.

The Kangaroo and Wallaby section was by far my favourite as you could buy a cone full of food and they literally came up to you and ate out of your hands whilst you stroked them. I befriended a baby Wallaby and wanted to take him home but Claire wouldnt let me.

Sad Kelly.

There is also a photo of me stroking the Emu (that walked around the grounds) and next to a Peacock who had his plummage and feathers on show to try and attract the Peahens. Tart.

We got back to the room to quickley change and then out for a lovely meal in a little Italian restaurant.

Today was Miss Claires 23rd birthday of which she continually sulked about because she is "Getting Old".

After opening her many presents (all 6) we had a brilliant day. Firstly we visited the world famous Bondi Beach, lazing in the sun on the white sand. Its obvious why this beach is so rebowbed for it is Beautiful. A movie or commercial was also being filmed so i got to watch as a trained puppy was put through his paces, acting his little heart out. Hehe.

After a good few lazy hours we caught the tube over to Circular Quay, famous for housing both Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Opera House. The view overlooking the 2 was Breathtaking.

Grabbing a bite to eat in the secluded lanes we then headed over to the Opera house which is absolutely spectacular and whilst i stood in aew Claire snapped many photos.

Obviously we then had a drink within the buidling (which has many exclusive bars situated beneath it.)

Back in Kings Cross we found a busy, bustling bar with a lady singing and playing live music and there we stayed until 1am when she stopped. Fantastic musician, she took requests and so happily sung Cyndi Lauper for me.

If this birthday doesnt remain in Claires mind forever and make getting older more acceptable then nothing will.

Was a perfect day. One more night here then tomorrow we're getting a hostel at Bondi Beach for the night to enjoy the sun and escape this shit hole hostel.

Kelly xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb