Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Hurstville
July 2nd 2021
Published: July 3rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that Noel and I made it home safe and sound last Sunday night and we were very happy that James and Andrew were able to come and collect us from the airport now that Sydney is back in lockdown. Everyone was pleased to see us, but Matt's girlfriend was the happiest, because now she doesn't have to clean up after my sons any more. Anyone with sons will know that "boy" clean is not "girl" clean and poor Shae had to do extra work to make the place acceptable for her to live in. She even told me that after 8 weeks of staying/cleaning at my place, she doesn't want a big house anymore and doesn't want lots of kids anymore either! Thanks for looking after my house, my kids and my pets Shae. You are an angel!!!

So we are all caught up on unpacking, paying bills and dealing with emails and letters so now it feels like we've been home "for ages!". Guess it's time for me to start planning the next adventure.... Noel will KILL me if I mention another trip any time in the foreseeable future.

Anyway we had a fabulous Horizontal Falls trip with our friends Michael and Lesley, even though the Gwynne curse ruined the night by causing gales to rock the houseboats and pontoons so hard that the whole structure bumped and creaked and groaned, for hours, while everyone was trying to sleep. The setup is really great with the houseboats only a one minute power boat ride (1200 HP) away from the tidal falls and it's in a really picturesque area. It is very remote. Derby is 2 hours drive north of Broome and then we had to take a 20 minute sea plane ride out to Talbot Bay. It was the highlight of our trip so I've included some photos for you to see.

Broome was lovely but about 10 degrees cooler than usual while we were there...shock horror. Even one of the locals said the weather was "unprecedented and unseasonal" to have such low temperatures combined with so much wind at that time of year. Yeah..that was because WE were there!! Of course the day we flew home the temperature jumped 10 degrees, the sun was shining and there was no wind. Lesley and Michael waved goodbye to our plane while lazing on Cable Beach in their swimwear. The summer clothes I packed didn't see the light of day while we were there.

Also just wanted to let you know that the Staircase to the Moon (full moon rise on a low tide at Talbot Bay) is more of an "uh ha" moment than a "wow" moment so I wouldn't book a trip to Broome just to see that either.

I hope you like the photos. Stay safe and stay well. Until next time.....

Margaret


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Wide Gap 20 metres across 40 metres deepThe Wide Gap 20 metres across 40 metres deep
The Wide Gap 20 metres across 40 metres deep

This is the gap we "fanged" through numerous times! So much fun. So much water!
The Narrow Gap 7 metres across 40 metres deepThe Narrow Gap 7 metres across 40 metres deep
The Narrow Gap 7 metres across 40 metres deep

Too dangerous to go through here on such a big tide



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb