Welcome to Sydney.....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Glebe
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

at maggie's pool at maggie's pool at maggie's pool

on my favourite rock!!
Hi everyone,

Sorry it has taken us a while to add more to this blog. We have been enjoying the sun to much and left all you readers in suspense.

Well since leaving Japan (which was an amazing country rich with culture and some incredible temples,shrines and suspect food) we arrived in Sydney.

We were picked up at sydney airport by graham's brothers, wifes, brothers wife?!?!?! and went straight out to Wisemans ferry, a small town with a massive river running through it. Maggie's place was amazing, we had a private room and as we stepped out every morning we had an incredible view of the river and mountains. the swimming pool they have was one of those infinity pools that kinda dropped over the edge of the hill and overlooked the river.

after chilling by the pool for a few days we were offered a small boat to take out on the river. and i decided it should be called HMS Bunt. This was a boiling hot day and we pottered about on the river in our little yellow floating bathtub watching the world go by and trying to avoid getting eaten by GIANT bugs. oh and with my boating history of random crashes we survided HORRAH!

We then headed into Sydney and set up base at the haven inn in Glebe, which really reminds me of camden in london. its a really nice area with little deli's and cafes and about 10 mins to central sydney on the bus. Since getting the bus i have cleverly managed to use our ticket to blag free rides all over town saving us valuable dollars! result!

We so far have walked over the sydney bridge (incredible & scary), wandered around the opera house (amazing and very photogenic) been over to manley beach which is to busy and spent alot of time just wandering around, jumping on ferries and busses exploring. and i can honestly say sydney is one of my favourite places i have ever been to.

We are off to bondai tommorow (30th dec) to meet up with matyn which i'm looking forward to as i havnt seen him in aaaages. and then off to the intercontinental hotel with maggies family for new years eve which should be great fun!

After that we have a bus booked to take us up the east coast towards brisbane, with our first stop being coffs bay (look at it on google maps and check out the beach!!) and from there who knows, but we will keep you all posted.

love Henryxx and chrissy xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



29th December 2008

Wow!
What a great commentary..really feel I can imagine the heat,bugs and fantastic pool! Glad you areboth having a great time. Send my love and a big hug to Martyn. Lots of Love,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb