Riverwood Family Reunion


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
March 4th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had one of our worst nights ever with Samuel last night and we were considering our options in terms of changing our flights to Wellington, or staying put at Julie's for the day so that he could rest properly.

But we had organised to spend the day with Alex's Mum's side of the family, out in Riverwood, 45 mins South of Sydney. They had gone to so much effort to get everyone together and it would have been such a shame to get so close and miss out on seeing them all.

So it was onwards and upwards despite the lack of sleep and cranky children. But by then I was starting to feel quite guilty about dragging them left, right and centre and we were quite worried about Samuel too. Although he was still smiling in between sleeps, he wasn't eating anything much and he was definietly not as active as usual.

Still, we made it, and we had a wonderful time. Samuel picked up when we arrived and had two good long sleeps in his pram. Amelia had such a brilliant time with all the other kids and Cecelia and Mike's house was out of this world! It was like a kids' wonderland with toys and gadgets everywhere. We made use of the next door neighboors swimming pool and enjoyed our one sunny day in Australia.

We went to Darling Harbour on the way home for our obligatory photo by the Opera House and by the time we got home (in the pooring rain) it was straight to bed for the kids and should have been straight to bed for me.... a couple of bottles of wine later with Julie (!!) I finally crashed out, and got a reasonable nights sleep.

Not brilliant. Just reasonable. The jet lag doesn't seem to care how late you stay awake at night or how much you drink or dance. It still seems to wake you up 4am! Grrr.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb