Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee Beach
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone Its about 9.10 in the evening here at the moment.

Sorry for the delay in updates but its been pretty hectic since we arrived here!

For startes the flight was delayed coming into Bangkok beacuse of the snow in the UK( lucky buggars, the one time we leave the country you get the best snow for years, typical). Once we finally we borded the plane, we had to wait around again as a child and their family where removed because they had a fever! so in total I think we where around 2 n half hours delayed.

Craig (my cousin) picked us up from the airport and we went back to his house about 40 minutes from sydney in Baulkham hills. We spent the rest of the day catching up and finally getting round to get our cloths that stunk washed and dried!(thanks Lisa!)

The follwoing day we ventuerd into sydney by ferry on the paramatta river which took us into Circular quay. We took in the sights and got some good snaps, (which i promise I will put up!) After we hit the more serious buissness of setting up a bank account and getting a mobile sorted. My new number is +61415238377 if you want to txt! We also went to Coogee for a look around to see where we shall be playing rugby, and it looks great the pitch is about 80 meters from the beach!

That evening we headed back on thew train and went out to eat at a tradtional Steak night and got some beveies in!

The follwing day we woke late and got our gear togther and headed into sydney to find a hostel. Lesson learnt - dont look for a hostel at 5pm - they get full! We finally ended up in an overpriced hotel but was ok for just the one night! On the serach for a hostel we where pursuaded into buying tickets for a booze cruise around the harbour in 2 hours time, although we had no where to stay!

The cruise itself left from Darlin harbour which is an amazing place situated in the center of sydney surrounded by bars cafes. The cruise itself went around the harbour passing through the bridge and sailed past sydney oprea house! Later we all 400 people got transported to a club in the city, which turned out to be eventfull as dave managed to spinebuster a girl from Canada from the stage onto the dance floor! Triple-H would have been proud!

Today we moved into Coogee after again finding a hostel eventually. We also met up with the Colts co-ordinator for for Randwick and where left feeling a little daunted at the fact that some of the first XV colts are pushing to play super 14 rugby next season!


We shall be here in coogee now until thursday before flying to Christchurch for 10 days to hit some extreme sports!

All is well photos are now slowly loading onto facebook!

speak soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb