Sydney sun & harbour hot spots


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
March 23rd 2013
Published: March 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sun in Sydney! The Marriott here in the city is so close to the opera house and the harbour bridge- both of which we walked to on our first night here. Yesterday, Friday, we walked all over the city again...as our normal for a new city! Our trek took us to the Rocks neighborhood, the opera house, the botanical gardens, Wooloomooloo bay, Hyde park and then back down Pitt st to our hotel - busy morning! After a quick lunch at the st George st markets, we headed to Darling harbour to get the wildlife world to go pet a koala - which I did 😊. Her fur was really quite thick and was not as soft as I thought. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful night wet that'd dinner on the warf - great seafood plate for 2, everything right off the boat that morning! Quite good.

Saturday was market day - at least in the morning. The fish market would have been more fun if we could have actually shopped for the fishes instead of just looking - these were literally just caught and were just brought off the boat --- don't get fish quite that fresh at home! Next market, the weekend george st markets. They had a lot of odds and ends and a little bit of everything - but not much worth buying. As if that were not enough walking, we headed out to Coogee beach to the Federation cliff walk. It's a 6k walk along the coast between Coogee and Bondi beach - up and down and along the many beaches between two - normally takes 1.5-2hrs, we were moving and did it in less than 1hr 😊. We were excited to get in the water, but it was really cold! Not like the warm water at Lizard...- brrrr! One dip for me was enough to cool me off just fine! After our freezing swim, Al finally found an elusive hat, which he has been looking for since the start - his head is bigger than most evidently...we finally found an extra large size, for a price that was perfect too!

We have accomplishEd quite a few of my "things to do" in Sydney already, time to start asking around for some ideas - sometimes those can be the best 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



23rd March 2013

Every step is the best!
Al and you are determined to accomplish much in every step you take! Congrats for walking and touring so much of Syndey! Look forward to a pic of that new hat, Al. Love and distant hugs, Mom
24th March 2013
Koala petting time

Cozy Koala
Worth the visit to pet a sleeping koala!
24th March 2013
Just after seafood for 2

Great evening photo
Your camera works very nicely for the evening pictures. Special view of you, Rachael! Good pose arranged, Al.
24th March 2013
We both got hats - good face shade :)

Classy hats!
I like that stylish hat, Al! Worth the search. Your hat looks comfortable, Rachael. Great for the sunny days you finally enjoy. Love, Mom
26th March 2013

Views of Sydney
So interesting to see Sydney through your eyes and words. Love, Granny
26th March 2013

Granny, check your account
Check your Facebook messages for a message I sent about almost seeing Ellen :)

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb