Sydney to Byron Bay, Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
September 8th 2012
Published: September 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We beat the forces of jet lag, which tried to pin us down with a total of 23 hours of in-flight time. No after-effects, whatsoever. Jord is quite proud of that fact, as it's his first flight of any extended length. We made it through the airport, grabbed a SIM card for my phone along the way and took the airport train to Central Station. Our hostel was just down the road, luckily enough, so we unpacked early and headed out to beautiful Bondi Beach.

We walked for hours along the cliffs and rocks, hopped into the crystalline waves, laid down on sand that was a brilliant white and finished by circling into town and ending up at the beachfront once again. Walking makes us hungry, (naturally) so we stopped at a quaint, little Italian restaurant with a rather eccentric owner. He was quite the character, hugging people as they walked by, singing Elvis (Costello & Presley) and offered us free garlic bread and hot chocolate with our meal. =)

The next day was a rather cold day for Sydney, with gray clouds looming large over the skyline. We had walked through an enormous market, just 15 minutes from our hostel, and after a bite to eat we scurried back to change into warmer attire. Our sights were then set on the Sydney Opera House (no way we were going to miss it), so we set out walking. We went straight through downtown, walked by Hyde Park, where Jord was enamoured by a very talented guitarist playing by a fountain. The scene by the Opera House was incredible. The harbour, breathtaking. The last few hours of our trek was spent exploring the Royal Botanical Gardens (beautiful, again), but surprisingly expansive. We must have walked at least 40 km in the last two days and our legs are definitely feeling the aftereffects.

Today was spent riding in a Greyhound, heading to where we are typing this at the moment, Byron Bay. It took 14 hours; exhausting to say the least. Hopefully we'll get our pictures and videos up soon, but for now we need some shut-eye! Until next time. =)

Kris::

Advertisement



9th September 2012

Love this, had no idea THIS was why I wouldn't be seeing you guys for awhile. Best wishes and see you when you get back :)
29th September 2012

Hey man,
Yeah, this is where we flew off to. We definitely miss havin' you around though, haha. We'll call you up when we return to Canada-land. Peace.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.4kb