Day 18 - Last Day in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
July 24th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bondi BeachBondi BeachBondi Beach

some Brave Soles got in
Today is our last full day in Sydney. We started it by doing laundry which was very much needed. Then we grabbed some breakfast at the hotel and headed out to see more sites of Sydney, since there was some blue sky showing. We headed down to Circular Quay, between the Opera House and the Bridge and figured out the best way to Bondi Beach and Watson’s Bay. We took a bus to Bondi Beach, which is a must see in every guide book. But as we predicted, we were underwhelmed. It is about a quarter mile long beach with some shops and restaurants across the street. The waves were rolling so there were a number of surfers out which is impressive as it is still pretty cold out. The high today was in the low 60’s. We did manage to get some of our souvenir shopping done for friends and family. So some of you lucky people will get some cheap (quality that is, not price) Aussie stuff. We then took another bus to Watsons’ Bay to eat at a highly recommended seafood restaurant by one of Kirsten’s Australian co-workers that is from Sydney. We got there about 4:10. The restaurant closes at 4 and opens again at 5:30. That last ferry is at 6:30. So true to form, we went all that way for nothing. There was a take-out seafood place there so we ended up having that. And as predicted is was just OK.

We took the ferry back to Circular Quay. Got a few more last minute things and headed back to the hotel to get packed up. Tomorrow we fly to Cairns, which is in the northeast coast and supposed to be warmer. But highs are only 75. We catch our live aboard dive boat from there for 3 days of diving. Hopefully Kirsten will get rid of the last hint of her cold and it will not prevent her from diving. We are both crossing our fingers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Some famous surferSome famous surfer
Some famous surfer

Or that is at least what we decided.
Harbor BridgeHarbor Bridge
Harbor Bridge

Night view


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb