Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
June 16th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lauren, Simon, Koala (at left)Lauren, Simon, Koala (at left)Lauren, Simon, Koala (at left)

One of Lauren's life ambitions was completed at this point.
Simon and Lauren reunited in Sydney after her trip to the Great Barrier Reef. Ecstatic to see each other again, they ran across the airport to hug, only bowling over a few little old ladies. Lauren was wiped from her early flight out of Townsville and GBR liveaboard, but anxious to experience Sydney.

They spent a day exploring the city before jetting off to Manila the following morning, and had a trip to the Sydney Wildlife Park. Here Lauren finally saw koalas, kangaroos, and wallabes; convincing her that she was actually in the fabled land down under. Australia houses the most poisonous snake and spider in the world, as well as the largest cockroach. Simon made friends with a zoo attendant who allowed them to pet various reptiles, until Simon attempted to steal a blue tongue lizard. They were also allowed to pet a koala while it chowed down on eucalyptus, fulfilling one of Lauren's lifelong goals.

After fun at the zoo, Simon and Lauren walked down to the harbor to see the classic Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge. They shared a gelato cone with exciting flavors like chocolate hazelnut and passionfruit, tried to watch the stars come
Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House

It was amazing, no tourist had ever photographed this building before!! Too expensive to go inside...
out, and remembered that they were in a city. After Simon's week in Sydney, he had mastered the public transportation system and the two took the train back to Simon's friend Ed's flat without a hitch. They met up with friends for an outstanding ribs dinner (full racks for all those manly men) at Hurricanes in Bondi before grabbing a few hours of sleep and flying off to Manila.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lauren's Ice Cream ReligionLauren's Ice Cream Religion
Lauren's Ice Cream Religion

Lauren prays to the ice cream gods for giving the gift of pistachio flavour to man.
HatsHats
Hats

Gotta try them on at some point. Simon wants to be a cowboy when he grows up.
Lauren with vicious wallabiesLauren with vicious wallabies
Lauren with vicious wallabies

They eat people like frogs eat flies, seriously.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb