Bondi Beach New Years


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 16th 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

New Years on a beach?

New Year’s… it’s just a day. However, it is probably the most celebrated day in the world, and it just came and went in a matter of seconds, literally.

This has to be one New Year’s that I will truly never forget…let’s see how far back I can remember…last year I hit a party at the W hotel in Montréal and for the last three years prior to that I was at Raj’s famous New Year’s Eve house party bash. This year I was going to celebrate it in Australia on a beach with friends I had just really got close to in the past three months. Oh, but wait… there was a catch, half of the group was in Melbourne and the rest stayed behind in Sydney. It was interesting to not see the rest of the group for nearly a week, I actually missed them and when we all skyped each other in Steph’s room about three hours before countdown we had a “missing each other moment.”

We were supposed to meet up with a group of Brazilians and go to their place for a little pre-New Year’s Eve party, but our phones just wouldn’t work, that or we just got the wrong number.

Smirnoff were arranging a major New Year’s Eve party held on Bondi Beach. There were as many people as the eye could see and luckily with our VIP pass we got into everywhere we wanted to. Funny story… here we are running around trying to figure out what this pass could do and little did we know it was actually for a party the next day in Melbourne called Summer Dayze…lol…but being as convincing as we are, people just waved us in everywhere, including the VIP area right in front of the stage. We ended up getting there about 11.30pm. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to dance before the big count down. I don’t know what it is about us but we truly attract people, everywhere we go people always want to ask us something. We didn’t have any big cameras, but for some reason our group just gets a lot of attention. Maybe it’s because we’re just all so diverse and have a genuinely good time that people just want to get to know us.

The music was exactly what I wanted out of a New Year’s party, and the live performances were so engaging. Here I was in front of a massive dance floor with thousands of people just so happy to be alive, and in a VIP area that we’re not supposed to be in. The count down came and we started screaming 15,14,13… all the way to 1. Fireworks started to fly in the sky and everywhere all you could see where people hugging, kissing, cameras snapping away and people on their cell phones frantically calling home and loved ones.

At one point there was this girl who simply would not stop asking me “can I please go on your shoulders? Can I please go on your shoulders?” she must have asked me about 20 times before I told her to ask some one else. Who else but Takashi, poor guy. It was just something you had to be there to understand, he was holding her on his shoulders trying to jump up and down while this girl had the time of her life. He was sweating so much that you could see his face melting away. Good times… and footage. Now you try getting a cab on New Year’s with everyone either in front of you or behind. It didn’t take us much time to realize that the taxi just wasn’t coming so we jumped onto a bus and took it home.

All in all New Year’s Eve went off with a huge success and it was something I will be able to tell the world for the rest of my very long life… lol.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb