Day 7 - off to follow in the footsteps of Captain Cook


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Avalon
April 5th 2014
Published: April 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday in Sydney with the Colfers

After a relaxing breakfast we headed off to Rochelle's Mum and Dad's place for a day on the harbour. Geoff and Rosie live in a fantastic spot right on the waterfront near to Avalon.



The Colfers (minus Tom who is on a 7 day army camp out in the Bush somewhere), the Colemans and Chris's brother Derek, arrived at Chez Colfers and then headed out into Pittwater Bay on Geoff;s wonderful and newly restored day boat "Pelican" which had the look of the African Queen about it.

We headed out into the bay amongst the sailing boats and made our way over to one of the many beaches inside the bay area.

After a quick lunch of Ozzie pies and 4X Gold we swam ashore to a wonderful tropical beach for a walk amongst the golden sands.



After a brief mess about on the boat by the kids (funny Izzi's fear of the water seems to have gone for now!!) we headed back to base via the coastline of the bay including some of the trendiest homesteads in North Sydney



Once ashore we had a wonderful evening and supper with Geoff and Rosie before heading back home.



What a way to see the Sydney coastline!!!!



Needless to say everyone was very tired in the evening, ready for the next adventure.



Will blog again tomorrow after we get to Port Douglas.



Peter and Mum thanks for your comments, we finally received them once I noticed the difference between comments and messages!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



6th April 2014

Blog Day 7.
Wow what a day and what super photographs day 7 brought. You all look so happy and having such a great time. Can't wait to hear about the next part of your Oz trip if the first week is anything to go by. Has the missing luggage turned up yet or has Michele enjoyed a great shopping trip? Take care. Mum.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb