Summertime Blues


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » South Coast
March 11th 2009
Published: March 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Summer was a busy time with Christmas/New Year's sandwiched in with camping, fishing, beaching, boarding, hoops, tapas, the aquarium, sushi, and a trip to a galaxy far, far away. What a tasty sandwich it was. Cheers, DMG.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Little Surfer DudeLittle Surfer Dude
Little Surfer Dude

Gabe gets ready to try out his new boogie board.
Happy 2009!Happy 2009!
Happy 2009!

Gabe rings in the New Year with Michelle and Mia at Swanhaven. There were plenty of visitors, like....
Possum Magic!Possum Magic!
Possum Magic!

"Once upon a time, but not very long ago, deep in the Australian bush, there lived two possums. Their names were Hush and Grandma Poss. Grandma Poss made bush magic."
Josh & SkippyJosh & Skippy
Josh & Skippy

Josh is the one with the black hair.
HMAS CritterHMAS Critter
HMAS Critter

All aboard for a beaut of a day fishing off of Sussex Inlet. The catch included snapper, flatheads and a wobbegong shark.
Wobbegong SharkWobbegong Shark
Wobbegong Shark

The Canadian gets to be the hero as he catches the shark. Quite possibly, the ugliest fish in the ocean. That is until you've seen a ...
Shovel-Nosed Shark Ray!Shovel-Nosed Shark Ray!
Shovel-Nosed Shark Ray!

AKA the Guitar Fish. This one, caught by the skipper, was too ugly to keep. The Horror!
Snappa!Snappa!
Snappa!

This little beaut, accompanied by his little brother, went on the BBQ and was served up with a potato bake, salad and a nice Australian Chardonnay.
The Crabby AppitizerThe Crabby Appitizer
The Crabby Appitizer

Gabe poses with his catch of the day.
ManloveManlove
Manlove

Tim and Mia pose with us at Berrara Beach.
The FloaterThe Floater
The Floater

Kicking it river-style with my new Australia Day hat.
RosellaRosella
Rosella

A rosella is one of 5-8 species of colorful Australian parrots in the genus Platycercus. Platycercus means "broad-" or "flat-tailed", reflecting a feature common to the rosellas and other members of the broad-tailed parrot tribe. Their diet consists mainly of seeds and fruit.
Gabe and The MacDonald GirlsGabe and The MacDonald Girls
Gabe and The MacDonald Girls

While down the coast we stopped in at St. George's Basin to visit friends. Note the roos in the background.
Rookies Basketball CampRookies Basketball Camp
Rookies Basketball Camp

Father and son head off to camp. Hopefully the first of many as player and coach.
The Captain & The RookieThe Captain & The Rookie
The Captain & The Rookie

Gabe was excited when the Wollongong Hawks stopped by the camp for an autograph sesson. Here he is with Hawks great, Mat Campbell.
Happy to be Home!Happy to be Home!
Happy to be Home!

Back for a quick clean up and recharge before we head off on our next adventure.


11th March 2009

doing anything?
When are the work pictures going in?

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb