hello 2009


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » South Coast
January 3rd 2009
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

well...i think i can definitely say i am becoming a comedian as everyone here is soooo funny and quick witted! even the girls...i am convinced it is because at a young age the girls have to learn how to defend themselves from the boys who forget to turn off their wit when interacting with the girls...anyways...i have never laughed so hard in my life as i have here...well i am sure i have...but i have really not stopped laughing!!!...more to follow on that note...

anyways...i think i left you all right around christmas...well i can say it was the first time i truly felt homesick...i felt it with my friend adams family...and i will say they did make me feel as close to home as i could be considering i am across the pacific from them...we had poppers with paper crowns and random toys and his niece and nephew reminded me of jason and i bickering and having fun...<<>>...however nothing is like home for the holidays...i no understand what that really means...a group of 4 of us spent new years about 3 hours south of sydney in a town call ulladulla..<<< it is pronounced ALLAH DULLAH...however i liked to call it YOU LA DULLAH...>>>well the town itself was nothing spectacular i hate to say...to describe it in an american way...i would say it is like hicks-ville means a beach town on the east coast...the checkout guy at the counter had never seen an american/californian ID... anyways..we had the most amazing time...the towns surrounding youladullah were absolutely stunning and like the rest of the country i have seen...they had the most amazing and gorgeous beaches...this little town called milton was my favorite...it reminded me of an old east coast town...old historic buildings and fun trendy little shops and cafes...<>> by the way for those of you who know i am a picky eater and have been wondering what i have been eating...well i have really taken to the australian version of grilled cheese...<<>> it is just bread that they toast then put in the oven with cheese on it...for some reason it is one of the most amazing snacks ever...<< but apparently in ulladulla they dont know what cheese toast is as i asked for cheese toast and out came toast with a side of shredded cheese?!!....i have also been eating alot of apples with peanut butter...thanks to my amazing friend camille who introduced me to crunchy peanut butter in august...havent branched out too much..other than trying disgusting vegemite and now promite...which is a version of vegimite but is apparently less pungent?! well it definitely didnt taste any different and i have documentation bite by bite of this tasting!!

ok anyways back to the little road trip south for the new years...we had some amazing weather...which meant some amazing beach time...and some amazing surfs that of course are followed with amazing naps....after surf naps <<> are the most epic naps...my friends found it fun to tease me about everything... for instance there are life guards here and also life savers...the difference is the life guards are payed and hired by the city and life savers are just volunteer on the weekend...well the life savers have to wear these little red and yellow hats...kind of a yamaka meets the hats that the people at hot dog on a stick wore... and i asked why they had to wear them and i was told it meant they were gay <>> as two men happened to be swimming out in the water as i asked this...

however the little theme of the week was who could play the best prank on the other room...well we happened to make friends with the owner of this little hotel/motel...and got her in on helping us while we were all out on our day excursions...she rearranged their furniture in their room also left about 45 balloons we blew up in their bathroom she also short sheeted them...ooh it was funny..we received the gold metal for our pranks!! they had nothing but water balloons and silly string! 😊

for new years eve...it got pretty windy and chilly and the road closed at 5 so we decided instead of walking about 20 minutes down the road to watch the fire works...we opted for sitting in the hotel room and playing some drinking board game and watching the sydney fire works on tv as the other girl brodie who came with us had never seen them as well....well they were amazing..and so was the night...its not very often that you would find me playing a drinking game but it was pretty hilarious!! so hilarious that you really will only get to see a few pictures...somehow we decided every half hour we had to change our outfits...it turned into the guys putting on the girls bikinis and the girls dressing like boys?!? <<>> anyways..sorry if you got a phone call at about 4 am in the states as I dont know why i called anyone!! i guess i was just missing all of you!!

well that was our trip down south...back in sydney now...going to work at a surf school for a few days to make some cash then going to buy a ticket to melbourne...my new friend or shall i say twin, brodie, <<< i say twin as she is the one with the feather tattoo... and we have very many similarities that i wont even begin to list them>> <>> anyways one of her best friends lives down there so she is going to come with me for the weekend and introduce me before she heads back to sydney for work...then i will get to know the area a little from a local before i venture off alone!!! ahh... little nervous but extremely excited about this one...then after that in the end of january beginning of feb. <<> but anyways in end of jan. we <> are going to roadtrip it up to the gold coast for the quicksilver pro contest..details to come at a later date...

so i finally went to the zoo today...it was amazing...you will get to see in the pictures i have posted...it overlooks the city and the harbour...the giraffes and elephants have the most amazing views...however i didnt get to pet or feed anything...i guess there is another park that i will be able to do this in again...<>>

well i think that is it for now...more updates soon...i am getting alot of emails and inquiries regarding my "friend" that i have come to visit...i will disclose some info shortly... 😊....<<>>

alright well again..all is missed...i miss all your familiar laughs and smiles and hugs... i am bummed i am missing seeing some of your little babies grow and also bummed i am missing seeing some of your bellies grow!!! ( hehe jaime and heidi) but i guess i will get to see pictures and by the time i get back some of the little babies i was scared to hold will be at the size that i wont be afraid to hold!!!

much love...happiness...and health in 2009....xoxo court... PS...pictures have been updated...check out the site i gave you last time!!!!...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb