Walking back in Thyme...accidents happen when you lose the track.


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Snowy Mountains
March 12th 2017
Published: March 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Walking back in Thyme. The Snowy Mountains for the Thredbo Blues Festival in January this year brings memories flooding back...of 5 day hikes...and tennis. Memories walking over mountains covered in mosses and acres and acres of the herb thyme. 8 days in a loft apartment overlooking the Thredbo ski fields in summer...no snow...just trees and grass...friends coming up from the Australian Tennis ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 126, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

























12th March 2017

Sprained ankle...
and you kept on going! I can sympathize!
12th March 2017

Sprained ankle
Thanks for reading Bob. Of course I kept going. Not like I had angels for pilgrims helping me along the way! Anyway I had a Final in Sydney to get to...not likely they come by that often either!
12th March 2017

Memories
Great memories of the past and now. What happened to your friends on that mountain when they didn't turn up?
12th March 2017

Memories
They would have got a lot of eye rolling from me Kate. Some people cannot see past their nose. They said they didn't see me at the top and kept going. I would have said, "Didn't you think to have a look?" That's probably when the saying, "The blind leading the blind" originated!
12th March 2017

A3 Tennis final
I congratulate you on your perseverance - played the final with your sprained ankle! It's a good reminiscence of the yesteryear, Dave - "We had joy we had fun...we had seasons in the sun" Hope you continue to watch the Australian Open. We do, - staying awake in the middle of the night!
12th March 2017

A3 Tennis final
Thanks Tab. And to think my memory of that tennis match so many years ago came to me while looking at a hiking map of the Snowy Mountains. Tennis has played a big part of my sporting life...many memories. Really good to be able to see the Australian Open again. The standard was sensational. Really good that friends around the world can enjoy it too.
12th March 2017

Thanks for the story
Thank you for telling us your story from your hike. I enjoyed it. It brings back some memories from my own hikes in Australia 20 years ago. /Ake
12th March 2017

Thanks for the story
There are lots of hiking trails and lots of stories to tell Ake. Glad my Snowy Mountains forays reminded you of some of yours.
13th March 2017

Tennis
Hey Dave, when I was a kid I used play tennis. I like your picture of old time,hahaha... Very lucky to live in such a beautiful country like Australia.
13th March 2017

Tennis
Hi Marcos. That pic of Don Spencer and I is extra funny. Don had a bad back thus the belt under his shirt. So that our opponents hit to me and not to him in the Final, I wore that arm caste between sets so they thought I was the injured one not him. And guess what? It worked a treat!!! Winners are Grinners? Sure are!!!
30th March 2017

Never.Give.Up
Your opponent might have won that day, but you showed way more guts. Keep capturing the moment - sorry Denise ;-) - and keep choosing the dirt trail over the boardwalk!
30th March 2017

Never.Give.Up
Your mantra as well Jo. Even the band Cream had a song "Anyone for tennis? (The Savage Seven Theme)" How about we see if they'll play it for us (wink wink)!
20th May 2017

Anyone For Tennis?
Maybe......just maybe.....but I guess we'll have to wait and see........
20th May 2017

Anyone For Tennis?
Cryptic if ever I've heard it Jo. Is that a challenge? Better wait to see!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb