Denial?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Shellharbour
December 11th 2011
Published: January 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What is it they say? The first step is admitting you have a problem?! Well not sure we actually had a problem persay.... but we did realise that maybe for the last while (couple years even) we have probably been in denial....

Denial that our 1984 caravan was almost 30 years old (is it really??!)...

Denial that that we were looking a little white trashy (especially now that we had a new truck)...

Denial that perhaps 14ft isn't quite enough space (especially when we seem to be coming and going with luggage all the time lately from one job to the next)

So perhaps it was time to move on?

It all started with some rain, a few leaks (well sometimes more than a few...), our bags being everywhere since we were leaving again in a week, and both of us trying to work and not a lot of space... which lead to a quick stop at a caravan dealer, "Just to have a look", so you know what that means...

It took us 2 days but we eventually convinced ourselves that we deserved a new caravan. Well new to us anyways, and it was a really good deal – and we haven't looked back since! Only to say "Why didn't we do this sooner?!!".

Needless to say we are loving it, loving the space, the brightness, the non-leaking corners, the ease of setting and packing up.... and we could go on. Only part we aren't loving is only spending 4 nights in it and then we had to head down to Melbourne for a few meetings and then off on our Christmas holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th January 2012

New Caravan
Good for you guys on the purchase of the caravan. It was amazing that you were able to live in that 14 footer for that long. You certainly deserve the extra length, space and comfort as we have observed our favourite son-in-law operating 3 laptop computers at once. Maybe it could be a place for rellies to stay when visiting in Aus. The interior really looks great with lots of wood. We are sure you guys will enjoy it. Good on you both. JB & Edder.
28th January 2012

Space for bush turkeys
Well there is definitely more room in this one for when we have a certain bush turkey and his wife visit! xo.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb