Fingal Bay


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fingal Bay


Where to begin? Well, I put digit to keyboard this morning & I had written a ripper post that I lost as I was saving due to some Telstra drop out issues – buggers!

I’ll start from Yass. We got up pretty early & were on the road before 8.30am for the six hour odd drive to Williamtown to meet Uncle Ross. The drive was pretty uneventful, although we took a detour through Sydney to take the kids (and Suz) over the Anzac & Sydney Harbour Bridges.

We met Ross at his work at Williamtown RAAF base. He showed us around the hangers where we saw some F-18 Hornets & Hawk training jets in various stages of being dismantled before being put back together. It was pretty cool. I had more fun than the kids! No photos though – top secret men’s business in there :-) From there it was back to Ross’ for a BBQ dinner & a touch of some Chilli Liqueur that was rather warm.

On Thursday we spent the day being chauffeured around Port Stephens by Ross, stopping at some great places including a museum called Inner Light that was a cafe as well as housing the Coastal Rescue crew who let us in to their command centre where we were told some great stories.

Today was spent wandering up Tomaree Head (1km hike) that gave some ripper views as well as some history in the shape of a fort used in WWII to keep the locals safe. In the arvo we went fishing & swimming at Fingal Bay & Ross caught a ripper Australian Salmon. It is presently being prepared for dinner with some spuds.

Off to Bris Vegas tomorrow to see Rum, Stace & the kids.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb