Nelson Bay Excursion


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Stephens
December 27th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

DAY 50

27th December 2008


Today, Saturday was really the first day after Christmas and I needed a pair of “Thongs” aka (Flip Flops) and the television advert for Rivers department store said they have got loads.
The nearest store was in Nelson Bay, which was about ¾ of an hour away.

We had fed the dog her morning chow and locked up the house and got on our way, we new it was going to be busy just by the number of cars on the road, still nothing to compared to Southampton or Birmingham.
We had never been to Nelson bay and were looking forwards to it, but when we got there we had to drive around and around to find a car parking space.

Eagle eyed Caroline’s shopping nose had already sniffed out exactly where Rivers department store was and already had mentally plotted the most efficient route from where we had parked.

My Thongs experience was just rubbish there was not 1 decent pair of flip flops, yet Caroline managed to buy a pair of shorts, though we had planned to stop in Nelson Bay and have a coffee, we instead just went in to Cole’s and did some food shopping.

When we got back, Caroline and Nala played ball in the Garden, then we walked around the neighbourhood just to spy it out and give the dog a walk.

We decided not to Go Koala watching, but instead watch the film ”Love Actually” as we were comfy, I bet David Attenborough doesn’t ever do that.

Still after the film, the 3 of us climbed the wooden hill and hit the sack


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb