Sloppy Wet Kisses


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Stephens
December 21st 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Calm WatersCalm WatersCalm Waters

After the high winds on the coast.
DAY 44

21st December 2008


The trailer tent had to be packed up this morning along with the awning; the sun was hot which we were thankful for, as the last couple of days had been very windy. All the gear was soon packed away and we were on our way, again.

We were taking over on our house sit today at 2.00pm and we always like to be on time, as the owners would be leaving around 4.00pm.

With a couple of hours to kill we headed off to Soldiers Point which was where we went with our dear friends Gary and Karen, when we had to park our camper in a tiny car parking spot as we couldn’t find a campsite.

I can remember the anticipation of parking off site, as we thought we would get moved on in the middle of the night, by some officious jobs worth, but now seeing how the Auzzies operate they would even care less, if a camper was parked somewhere. They would possibly even knock on the door to see if you were ok.

We arrived at Kruger Manor on time and were enthusiastically greeted
Lemon Tree PassageLemon Tree PassageLemon Tree Passage

This is our campsite. 0 metres above sea level.
by Nala, the 5-month-old Labradoodle, whom we were charged with caring for. The owners Faye and Graydon Hubbard were soon walking out the door with their friends Tim and Louise on route to Coffs Harbour then on the Great Barrier reef, for their Christmas break.
Nala had a bit of a whimper at the garage door wondering where her Mummy and Daddy had gone, so we did our best to distract her with her ball and her other toys.

We settled down in this strange but beautiful surroundings and were thoroughly looking forward to using the bath, which we have not had since we left Singapore.

The chilli I had cooked the night before was going to have to be eaten as their was quite a lot left, with the chilli powder I had put in I thought I may have melted the container it was frozen in.

As we have got broadband Internet usage here we took advantage of using Skype to speak to as many people we could.

We went to bed and let Nala settle and sleep where she felt comfortable; Caroline thinks she slept under our bed.

However, I am not
Camp Site or Car ParkCamp Site or Car ParkCamp Site or Car Park

Not an interesting picture, however this holds memories for us, we camped overnight here 2 years ago when we could not find a campsite.
sure that Andy realises this, but several times during the night, I would wake up as a sloppy wet kiss reached out on my face, opening my eyes I was face to face with Nala, I guess she was looking for some reassurance. Go on own up those of you who thought that it was Andy giving me the sloppy kisses?



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Soldiers PointSoldiers Point
Soldiers Point

This is Soldiers Point at Port Stephens, we came here in 2007.
Soldiers Point BeachSoldiers Point Beach
Soldiers Point Beach

Just Beautiful
Hubbard Family & FriendsHubbard Family & Friends
Hubbard Family & Friends

Catching a quick photo before heading off on their christmas break.
Bribing NalaBribing Nala
Bribing Nala

Caroline comforts Nala with a dog treat as she whined at the garage door when her family went on holiday.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb