Nelson Bay to Coff's Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We leave Nelson Bay today. I really like it here, and hope I can come back one day. Spent a lovely half an hour sitting on "my" garden swing and listening to the birds. It is hard to convey in words just how loud they are!
Loaded up the car and said thankyou and goodbye to the couple who run Port Stephens Motor Lodge.
After a bit of stress, we got back on the Pacific Highway, and headed north.
Quite a long drive. Stopped at a Koala breeding centre called "Billabong" near Port McQuarrie. The koalas aren't very interesting to watch!
Thery hardly ever move, and 20hours of each day is spent sleeping!! Thery are SO cute though. There were also kangaroos, in an open enclosure, where you could walk around with them, and feed them. One had a baby in her pouch - even cuter than the koalas!!! Chris took a video of me feeding them.
The was a fantasic, HUGE lily pond which was very beautiful and will make nice computer "wallpaper" - Chris took photos.
Had coffee and lunch. The Australians like their pies - they're everywhere, with all sorts of different flllings.
Carried on our journey north. Should have stopped at Nambucca Heads to phone Aimee (daughter of Anne and Terry whose house we shall be staying in) but carried on a bit further, and turned off at "Hungry Head" (wonder what the story is behind that name???) Phoned Aimee, she will meet us at the house in half an hour.
Eventually found 3 Reid Drive, Coff's Harbour, NSW. Aimee met us in the drive. The house has the WOW factor in shedloads!!!!!
Extremely spacious, 2 lounges, magnificent kitchen diner, bedrooms, a big study where I am sitting now, overlooking a very posh golf course. and the bathtooms OMG. Outside spaces to enjoy, pool, I could go on, but the photos will show better than words ever can.
I took the car to the local shops and got food etc. Went to a big "Tesco" like place, but do you know, the supermarkets here aren't allowed to sell alcohol at all, you have to go to special shops called "bottle shops". The one near here is a "drive thru" but I parked. Managed to find my way home, only going wrong once, which is good for me! Cooking steak for dinner was an experience - talk about high tech. The cooker is "induction" and you need a map for the fridge! ice maker on it is good!. and don't erven start about the TV!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb