Day 29


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Palm Beach
December 28th 2015
Published: December 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 29!
Another lazy day to be had! Hubster didn't wake up until gone 9 - which never happens at home unless he's poorly!!
Was quite heavy rain this morning so we didn't do anything until lunch time when we went out to grab some lunch! On the way back we went to a Baha'i temple! Which apparently like a church that doesn't have a specific religion, they recognise that they all have their ways etc, so there is not pulpit or alter just a mic as nobody is any better than anyone else (so the sweet little old volunteer man told us!) who emigrated here in 1959 from Suffolk!
The temple has 9 sides, each with a door, this is supposed to symbolise the diversity of the 'religion' and silence must be observed in there at all times unless there is a service being conducted (every Sunday @ 11)
I have to admit it's the most comfortable I've been in a 'place of worship'! Those of you who know me may know my feelings on church etc! It's not for me, I most certainly am only ever in one for the sake (not sake that sounds very negative but I can't think of another word!) of someone else! It's not a place I choose to go, but the temple felt very calm and just a nice place to be!
Anyway we then moseyed on back to the apartment to relax in the sun that had put in an appearance and hang out the washing (well hubby did - rock and roll!) much more laziness insued before a dinner of Thai food!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb